20 Oct: England Knights v Jamaica KO 3pm

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Hmm, I mainly stream these matches via Twitch, because the OurLeague stream is still glitchy and buffers a lot for me. Do I pay the fee and quite possibly spend most of the match reloading and buffering, or do I give it a swerve this time and wait 'til the OurLeague service is more useable?

Can we view this game through Twitch?

13 hours ago, gingerjon said:

I'm not paying for OurLeague. The service doesn't justify it.

I share the sentiment to some extent, but not for 2.50 and it is an international match. 

The other option, of course, is go to the game, but even then, drinks and food prices are hiked.  A pint and a pie in the ground will be more than 2.50 above Weatherspoons prices. 

OL has improved but it still has some way to go to justify regular charging and I think it’ll get superseded by other means in time.  

9 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

I share the sentiment to some extent, but not for 2.50 and it is an international match. 

Aye, I know I sound cheap. But it could be 1p and I still wouldn't. Not because the football isn't worth it (£2.50 or more, although I don't think it's a good idea to charge) but because I've yet to have a good experience watching anything via OurLeague.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

If you're paying, the quality has to be good. I wouldn't want to pay and get some of the commentary teams they've had on there before.

This board is riddled with criticism of commentators, so it’s going to be difficult.

The quality isn’t great, I agree, and I share Jons sentiment but if it doesn’t get support it’ll never develop.  The RFL haven’t the money.

I would love to see a similar arrangement that the NRL have and that is good quality.  A few years ago we had Sky and BBC, now this is supplemented by other, minor broadcasts.

10 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Can we view this game through Twitch?

If the RFL are charging, I doubt it.

If you aren't going to buy the video stream, there is radio commentary on the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live-guide/rugby-league Make sure the Beeb know how much you appreciate it, by the way, because I don't think they've covered a Knights match before.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’m going to this. Cheap and a good day out for the kids. If my 4yr old is gonna trash anywhere, it might as well be Headingley. 

I think it’ll be a bit more competitive than others have said. Knights should win but there’s a bit of experience in the Jamaica squad. 

11 minutes ago, leaguefan13 said:

Read on Twitter about a new app called OVO that has just agreed to start streaming international RL matches starting with England vs Jamaica and it’s free. 

Worth considering that, if the RFL are charging for this match, anyone offering it free is probably dodgy. Caveat emptor.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 hours ago, leaguefan13 said:

Read on Twitter about a new app called OVO that has just agreed to start streaming international RL matches starting with England vs Jamaica and it’s free. 

https://play.ovo.com.au/event/12509

It's an Australian site and the stream for the Jamaica game is not available in the UK. 

Anyone actually been able to pay their £2.49? I've spent quite a while looking for a way to pay, just can't see any option to do so. Maybe I have to wait for the Academy game to finish?

19 hours ago, Futtocks said:

If the RFL are charging, I doubt it.

If you aren't going to buy the video stream, there is radio commentary on the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live-guide/rugby-league Make sure the Beeb know how much you appreciate it, by the way, because I don't think they've covered a Knights match before.

I’ve been trying to find a way to pay for it but I can’t.  It could be my location but it shouldn’t be that hard.

33 minutes ago, JonM said:

Anyone actually been able to pay their £2.49? I've spent quite a while looking for a way to pay, just can't see any option to do so. Maybe I have to wait for the Academy game to finish?

Same here John.  Bloody frustrating 15 minutes going around in circles.

It's a real shame this isn't on BBC or C4. The game needs FTA to get Kids to watch it. 

I won't pay for the live stream as my experience with the App has been poor before and I do not expect it to be better. 

12 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

It's a real shame this isn't on BBC or C4. The game needs FTA to get Kids to watch it. 

I won't pay for the live stream as my experience with the App has been poor before and I do not expect it to be better. 

Just going through the App to find the pay link is a nightmare.  Still to find and no contact number to query.

Its a mixed up mish mash that you wouldn’t put your name to but despite the delayed commentary, todays game was ok to watch.  I normally watch them in silence anyway, so no big deal.

I was having trouble finding the payment screen. Every time I went on my account section and clicked the England v Jamaica tab it kept going straight to a video player. It was doing that for about 20 minutes but having tried it again 5 minutes ago it brought up a payment screen instead and I've managed to buy it. Anyone who was having trouble should probably try again now.

10 minutes ago, EagleEyePie said:

I was having trouble finding the payment screen. Every time I went on my account section and clicked the England v Jamaica tab it kept going straight to a video player. It was doing that for about 20 minutes but having tried it again 5 minutes ago it brought up a payment screen instead and I've managed to buy it. Anyone who was having trouble should probably try again now.

Tried it mate.  Brings up ‘buy now’ but then reverts to the video screen.

Yes, I can get to the buy now page (which I couldn't earlier) and clicking it takes me to a page which I think says something about streaming and payments, which then disappears. More progress than earlier, but still no way to actually pay.

45 minutes ago, JonM said:

Yes, I can get to the buy now page (which I couldn't earlier) and clicking it takes me to a page which I think says something about streaming and payments, which then disappears. More progress than earlier, but still no way to actually pay.

Ok now mate.

2 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

The proper internationals are on the BBC, this England reserve game vs. Jamaica is not a game to put on TV.

Archived