20 Oct: England Knights v Jamaica KO 3pm

19 minutes ago, JonM said:

Not working for me. I click on the buy now link and it tries to take me to some kind of shopping basket page, but never makes it.

It did for me at first then eventually kicked in.  

Seems such an obvious thing to test it before it went live - quite clearly they haven’t done it.

Certainly doesn’t endear people to buy into it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

It did for me at first then eventually kicked in.  

Seems such an obvious thing to test it before it went live - quite clearly they haven’t done it.

Certainly doesn’t endear people to buy into it.

Tries to make me log in when I am logged in and then says error when I try and log in again. All for £2.49 FFS.

On 17/10/2019 at 07:22, Eddie said:

Hopefully there’ll be a decent crowd, not that I can make it myself. I would like to see more Knights fixtures against Tier 2 nations, both for the benefit of our players and theirs. 

Completely disagree. I can't see how our second string stuffing a tier 2 side in front of next to no fans with next to no publicity would benefit us, them or the international game.

They'd be better off playing Wales first team and making it a proper test.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 minute ago, Taxi4stevesmith said:

Not sure if they'll be any pop up merchandise stalls but the Club Shop won't be open.

That was pretty stupid timing by Leeds tbf. I doubt they've done much since the 18th and could have had it open till today at least.

2 hours ago, hrtbps said:

Anyone know where the best place to park near Headingley Stadium is?

Your best hope is to park on a side street off Otley Road to the north of the stadium. Go straight through the centre of Headingley and keep going through the lights then look for side street parking to your left or right. Watch out though as some streets are permit only.

I know that's not a huge help but parking is a big issue around Headingley. 

17 hours ago, Scubby said:

Tries to make me log in when I am logged in and then says error when I try and log in again. All for £2.49 FFS.

Doesn't reassure you at all does it.  I'm all for more RL on TV but the App is frustrating and poorly laid out.  Hope the coverage is ok.

Radio Leeds are doing the coverage, if you can't/won't fork out for the live video stream.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Completely disagree. I can't see how our second string stuffing a tier 2 side in front of next to no fans with next to no publicity would benefit us, them or the international game.

They'd be better off playing Wales first team and making it a proper test.

England aren't playing a game this year (13s at least). I don't understand why they aren't playing this as a full Test. It doesn't deem the brand at all if the first choice players are not available. But the Knights phrase diminishes the standing of the opposition IMO... no national 2nd teams should be playing full national sides.

any ideas of the eng team line up? would go to the game but last time I parked round headingley I got a parking fine so sod that, and streams are for tadpoles not watching tgg.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

England aren't playing a game this year (13s at least). I don't understand why they aren't playing this as a full Test. It doesn't deem the brand at all. But the Knights phrase diminishes the standing of the opposition IMO... no national 2nd teams should be playing full national sides.

I get your point, but I'd rather see a competitive match than a one-sided slaughter of a side who are just starting out on their journey. The Knights are an international development tool, just like the BARLA sides who tour wherever they can afford to.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

any ideas of the eng team line up? would go to the game but last time I parked round headingley I got a parking fine so sod that, and streams are for tadpoles not watching tgg.

EHU1LFgWkAADsKe?format=jpg&name=medium

Ralph Waldo Emerson

For those of you who did pay, is the live stream behaving?

Lineham gets the Knights' 4th try.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I get your point, but I'd rather see a competitive match than a one-sided slaughter of a side who are just starting out on their journey. The Knights are an international development tool, just like the BARLA sides who tour wherever they can afford to.

I actually don't think they are; they are a development team for the England national side. That's the whole point of the Knights rather than to develop other nations.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Enjoyable first half, England able to keep Jamaica at arms length and Jamaica not getting any luck with the ball. Very physical game but some good skill on show too

Some good handling in that last try.  

Gone, as a contest  but very committed these England lads.  Richardson with nice distribution and Sam Powell had a sound 30 mins.

16 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I actually don't think they are; they are a development team for the England national side. That's the whole point of the Knights rather than to develop other nations.

They can do both.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived