Whatever happened to Jamie Foster?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Whatever happened to Hefin o'Hare?

Moved to Scottish RU. Despite being Welsh, played for the Scotland sevens team. I read somewhere that he now works in construction.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

4 hours ago, Spike said:

He played a few games for town in 2018, he was a waste of space and was let go alongside jordan Tansey, scottr leatherbarrow  and Ryan Bailey waste of time all of them

Bailey wasn't let go he was playing quite well and Leigh snapped him up

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

13 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Not his best moment ?

As a Fev fan, I beg to differ. ?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Foster was one of those players who had the skills to make it but not the attitude. His goal kicking pretty much guaranteed him a place in the Saints team at that time but instead of working hard on his obvious weak areas (under the high ball and defence) he just carried on soaking up the plaudits and probably believing he was the finished article.

But a few absolute howlers in games (notably away at Bradford when he wouldn't put his body on the line for a ball on the ground which led to a Bradford try) saw him dropped, never to regain his place.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

53 minutes ago, leaguefan13 said:

Karl Pyrce had all the physical attributes to become a top player but unfortunately that’s where his talent ended 

Reminds me of a great quote. A jounalist asked Mike Tyson's trainer about Frank Bruno's physique making a difference before their match 

He said....... "Frank has the same height, weight and endurance advantages that a zebra has over a lion. The result will also be the same" 

23 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Disagree. You don’t go from Team of the Year in your debut year to being wrote off in a year. 

Where is he playing now ? Gone from saints to Castleford via Leigh, that's quite a come down.

12 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Wouldn’t anywhere be deemed a step down from a side who won the comp by 16pts?

I think that was the point he couldn't get a game for Saints so ineffect he was wrote off.

On 15/10/2019 at 13:24, goldcoaster said:

A few years ago this guy was a gun winger, won a Grand Final and seemed destined to be a mainstay for England. I see now he is playing at lowly Workington Town. How did he end up there? Was it injuries, poor club choices, loss of form?

Amazing how far a guy has fallen who could have done anything.

He never won a Grand Final. 

Anyway one players name we have all possibly mentioned but have no idea what he did after "its wide to WEST" 

Dwayne West

Archived