Dual-Reg

graham fisher

The problem for me with dual reg is it means how well a team does will be influenced by which club you are DR with and how strong they are. 

Not criticising Fev but had their DR been with Huddersfield, then I doubt they would have done as well as they did. In reality what they really had was season long loans for their Rhinos players. 

I wouldn't want rotating HKR fringe players dropped in week to week. Will we get Kyle Trout back? Hope not for his career.

Will be interesting to see if any Rams fringe players get a game in HKR reserves.

55 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

The problem for me with dual reg is it means how well a team does will be influenced by which club you are DR with and how strong they are. 

Not criticising Fev but had their DR been with Huddersfield, then I doubt they would have done as well as they did. In reality what they really had was season long loans for their Rhinos players. 

I wouldn't want rotating HKR fringe players dropped in week to week. Will we get Kyle Trout back? Hope not for his career.

Will be interesting to see if any Rams fringe players get a game in HKR reserves.

it will  be interesting to find out who you think was on season long loans  at FEV  and incidentally we had three on loan from huddersfield as well during the season 

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

What I meant was the Rhinos players like McLelland, Sutcliffe, Goulding Albert were with you for longer term loans not just playing the odd game. And suspect they helped more than the Huddersfield loaners.

agreed but you've e got to understand that's how FEV use the dr with leeds we don't take players willy nilly on leeds behest just beacause the're leeds players we only take players we want to cover injuries   unless leeds recall them because of their injuries like newman  they stay as long as we need them 

gouldings came in after the lad we got on loan from cas went back and has played 16 games in two stints

sutcliffe came with 11 games to go  for injury to hardcastle but ended up  staying  cos FEV sent home png lad  for being a very naughty boy 

albert came with 7 games to go for injury to wheeldon and played five games to qualify for playoffs 

mclleand  played a couple of games early on due to inuury but then we got other players on loan   he came back with 8 to go  because tom holmes got recalled by giants  if that hadn't happened then  mcllelland would never have come back to FEV

25 minutes ago, POR said:

agreed but you've e got to understand that's how FEV use the dr with leeds we don't take players willy nilly on leeds behest just beacause the're leeds players we only take players we want to cover injuries   unless leeds recall them because of their injuries like newman  they stay as long as we need them 

gouldings came in after the lad we got on loan from cas went back and has played 16 games in two stints

sutcliffe came with 11 games to go  for injury to hardcastle but ended up  staying  cos FEV sent home png lad  for being a very naughty boy 

albert came with 7 games to go for injury to wheeldon and played five games to qualify for playoffs 

mclleand  played a couple of games early on due to inuury but then we got other players on loan   he came back with 8 to go  because tom holmes got recalled by giants  if that hadn't happened then  mcllelland would never have come back to FEV

Albert was actually on loan, not DR, from the beginning of August.

2 hours ago, POR said:

I was very impressed how Fev used DR  last season.Everything was well within the rules.

But please do not insult my intelligence by suggesting that DR was only used to cover injuries.

I'm no fan of DR in principle but needs must at the moment: to ignore it is to put ourselves at a disadvantage with similar teams. I reckon Hull KR could make a good tie-up for us, given that we are planning to run with a smaller squad next season (22/23) whilst also offering the potential for fringe players to get a bit of game time in their reserves. From what I hear many SL clubs aren't exactly embracing reserve team football with enthusiasm, preferring their players to get time playing in the Championship, so there may be opportunities for some decent players to come our way (Keinhorst would be very interesting, for example). In addition, having listened to LG's comments about DR and his desire to build a close-knit squad, I don't think that he will be seduced by arbitrary quick fixes.

Finally, I understand that this arrangement will be much more financially acceptable than the ones that we have had with Wakefield which, ultimately, became a joke.

All in all I see this as a positive.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Problems arise with running a small squad when injuries bite and playing people out of position because cover from the DR partner isn't available or worse your own players are pushed out by the DR player. I understand why teams do it but I don't think it is beneficial. 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

18 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Problems arise with running a small squad when injuries bite and playing people out of position because cover from the DR partner isn't available or worse your own players are pushed out by the DR player. I understand why teams do it but I don't think it is beneficial. 

Would this be any different without DR, PM?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yes , when we dr with cas , we spent our budget on less players , but allegedly better players , thinking we had 3 players on season long loan from cas plus dr arrangement , only for them to be recalled almost immediately , and never a dr available in positions we were short of .

IMG_0583.JPG

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I think so. A player playing out of position for example to cover for an injured team mate would get more support from fans and his other team mates imo. Tomlinson in the Bulldogs has filled in and earned the plaudits from most Batley fans for his efforts

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I'm no fan of DR in principle but needs must at the moment: to ignore it is to put ourselves at a disadvantage with similar teams. I reckon Hull KR could make a good tie-up for us, given that we are planning to run with a smaller squad next season (22/23) whilst also offering the potential for fringe players to get a bit of game time in their reserves. From what I hear many SL clubs aren't exactly embracing reserve team football with enthusiasm, preferring their players to get time playing in the Championship, so there may be opportunities for some decent players to come our way (Keinhorst would be very interesting, for example). In addition, having listened to LG's comments about DR and his desire to build a close-knit squad, I don't think that he will be seduced by arbitrary quick fixes.

Finally, I understand that this arrangement will be much more financially acceptable than the ones that we have had with Wakefield which, ultimately, became a joke.

All in all I see this as a positive.

Might be some competition for his services.

Tony Smith: “Currently a few our players, namely Will Oakes, Elliot Wallis and Jimmy Keinhorst, have been granted the opportunity to go out and seek first-team rugby for the 2020 campaign, elsewhere, via year-long loans."

57 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Might be some competition for his services.

Tony Smith: “Currently a few our players, namely Will Oakes, Elliot Wallis and Jimmy Keinhorst, have been granted the opportunity to go out and seek first-team rugby for the 2020 campaign, elsewhere, via year-long loans."

You can have all three if you get your hands on your pockets..

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

You can have all three if you get your hands on your pockets..

Who's pockets? Not mine, I trust.

4 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I think so. A player playing out of position for example to cover for an injured team mate would get more support from fans and his other team mates imo. Tomlinson in the Bulldogs has filled in and earned the plaudits from most Batley fans for his efforts

Fair point although I did qualify my comments by saying that I still don't like DR in principle but, if everyone else is doing it then a club might be foolish to make a stand. Maybe Batley are going to do this this year, are they? (I hear that Huddersfield and Halifax are linking up.)

this is the first year that all the dr rules can come into force now we got reesrves

a player registered with a club may play in the reserve grade team of another club subject to a reserve  dual registration specified by the rfl  

so next year we're going to see FEV rhinos reserves ?

in reality it means any club from the championship or league 1 can send players on dr to any reserve team even if they are not in a dr arrangement with that team

1 hour ago, POR said:

this is the first year that all the dr rules can come into force now we got reesrves

a player registered with a club may play in the reserve grade team of another club subject to a reserve  dual registration specified by the rfl  

in reality it means any club from the championship or league 1 can send players on dr to any reserve team even if they are not in a dr arrangement with that team

What a mess?❗

1 hour ago, POR said:

Does a "regular" DR arrangement cover this facility as well or is a separate agreement necessary?

47 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Does a "regular" DR arrangement cover this facility as well or is a separate agreement necessary?

I'm pretty sure the Reserve system and normal DR systems are completely separate entities - see my posts on the Reserves thread on the Fev forum where I've attached the relevant sections of the Op Rules (if you haven't already).

On 16/10/2019 at 20:30, POR said:

agreed but you've got to understand that's how FEV use the dr with leeds we don't take players willy nilly on leeds behest just beacause the're leeds players...

I'm trying to work out whether this is a wind up, or you really believe the drivel you have written?!?

Singleton played his one and only game for Fev against us at the beginning of the season, I don't know how you have the cheek to be giving it large with the "that's how FEV use DR"... ?

Not at Leeds behest indeed.... ?

You'll be telling us next, that Briscoe was surplus to Fev's requirements so you decided to let Leeds sign him on.?

Archived