Ryan Hampshire re-signs for wakey

2 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

so who's compromised? him or the club?

Interesting one - someone's obviously caved, but after the statement the other week you'd have thought the obvious explanation was that a load of clubs didn't then beat a path to his door. OTOH that would be a bit weird as he's a handy enough player and you'd have thought someone would have come in for him elsewhere in SL. For now I see as through a glass darkly....

2 hours ago, iffleyox said:

Interesting one - someone's obviously caved, but after the statement the other week you'd have thought the obvious explanation was that a load of clubs didn't then beat a path to his door. OTOH that would be a bit weird as he's a handy enough player and you'd have thought someone would have come in for him elsewhere in SL. For now I see as through a glass darkly....

well, the other thing is the alleged spreading of the wolfpack monies around the league, so if thats true, wakey might have a bit more cash to splash.

3 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

well, the other thing is the alleged spreading of the wolfpack monies around the league, so if thats true, wakey might have a bit more cash to splash.

true, but it's a high stakes game to let your own club give up on you/walk away from your club then come back. That may explain why Trin upped the offer, if they have, but as I say he's a handy enough player and you'd have thought someone else would have found him a berth in the meantime (dare I say Toronto....)?. (And that's knowing that he sees himself as a true Wakefield clubman). More likely a combination of a bit more cash and no other offers...

Maybe he just told his agent to get real.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Rumour and scuttlebutt but it does seem he never wanted to leave and was devastated when the club cut him... his attempts to use social media to support his position backfired and ###### off the CEO.

there was interest and he turned down an offer from a neighbouring club, preferring to put effort into a reconciliation. 

hope it works for him as he has come on considerably in the last couple of years. 

Archived