Saving Nursery Schools

22 hours ago, JohnM said:

Move this to the political discussions sub forum.

Nothing political about this John and it's sad that you think so.

I put this on here to see if support for 3-4 year olds came from all parties but the only thing that everyone shares it seems is indifference to this.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

11 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

How much of this is fact and how much is propaganda? I only ask as the nursery provision I run is better funded than it has ever been. 

Well as state nursery Schools nationally are being underfunded and losing funding I don't know how that can be.

It is not propaganda of any kind except for the one that puts children first.

But this has been a real lesson for me in where people stand and why, so a big thanks.

16 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Well as state nursery Schools nationally are being underfunded and losing funding I don't know how that can be.

It is not propaganda of any kind except for the one that puts children first.

But this has been a real lesson for me in where people stand and why, so a big thanks.

It’s better funded in my provision due to a more equal approach to national funding formula, but if you know my budget better than me, just let me know. I’d prefer it if we just dealt with facts, as I find it easier.

Working with the most deprived children in the country has been my life. Not entirely sure what you are insinuating about my character? 

1 minute ago, Northern Eel said:

It’s better funded in my provision due to a more equal approach to national funding formula.

I don't think that's the national picture.

And I've never worked in schools outside the most deprived areas. I'm sure it must be very nice to do so but I wouldn't have a scooby!

I never mentioned your character in any way whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

I don't think that's the national picture.

And I've never worked in schools outside the most deprived areas. I'm sure it must be very nice to do so but I wouldn't have a scooby!

I never mentioned your character in any way whatsoever.

Clearly, by levelling the funding differences across the nation, there will be winners and losers. What percentage of schools do you think have had their budgets reduced this year? What percentage do you think have had an increase? 

As the national funding formula is still manipulated at a local level by LA schools forum, the effects you might see in your local authority could well be very different in others. Such is the increase in my budget, gains are capped, so I’ve had 6% top sliced to cover the minimum funding guarantee for schools who are losing out under the new system. The new system has been a stepped process for the last 3 years.

I am not suggesting that there isn’t a funding problem, I am merely questioning the level to which this is impacting ALL schools, as it simply isn’t. 

14 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Clearly, by levelling the funding differences across the nation, there will be winners and losers. What percentage of schools do you think have had their budgets reduced this year? What percentage do you think have had an increase? 

As the national funding formula is still manipulated at a local level by LA schools forum, the effects you might see in your local authority could well be very different in others. Such is the increase in my budget, gains are capped, so I’ve had 6% top sliced to cover the minimum funding guarantee for schools who are losing out under the new system. The new system has been a stepped process for the last 3 years.

I am not suggesting that there isn’t a funding problem, I am merely questioning the level to which this is impacting ALL schools, as it simply isn’t. 

Okay I give up Northern Eel. There is no fight in the dog.

On 18/10/2019 at 16:26, Oxford said:

Nothing political about this John and it's sad that you think so.

I put this on here to see if support for 3-4 year olds came from all parties but the only thing that everyone shares it seems is indifference to this.

Clearly not the case. Just because people do not choose to present their views and experiences does not mean they don't care. And yes, it is political, otherwise you would not have raised it. 

On 20/10/2019 at 09:28, JohnM said:

Clearly not the case. Just because people do not choose to present their views and experiences does not mean they don't care. And yes, it is political, otherwise you would not have raised it.

3-4 year olds are not a political issue. I raised this because I thought other people would be bothered about this too. They weren't and they're not and so I've let this drop. You have it as political if that makes you happy. I won't be posting on this point again. And I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier but I missed the notification of your post.

Archived