Grace wants to join Holbrook

22 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

We need to do all we can to keep our talent over here (or in France or Canada). Time passes and things change. Who knows, in a few years the NRL may find their next TV deal is lower, exchange rates could revert to historic levels, we could get a cash injection through a bumper TV deal...

Life is uncertain, but we have to do all we can to aim for parity, even if it is off the back, say, of 2 well backed NA teams and 2 French teams. 

It is a shame that it is now the perceived wisdom that any player worth their salts must want to play in the NRL. I know it’s true, but I don’t like it. 

Yes, all these things go in cycles just like GB v Aus test series.....................er, maybe not, when the Aussies get a deal advantage they work hard to keep it?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

In the 1990's I was a member of a party that had a guided tour of Sellafield.

Most of (all?) the siteworkers had their trousers tucked inside knee-length red socks.

That's to cover the webbed feet that the Marras have evolved over time to cope with climatic conditions, just don't throw them any bread!?????

37 minutes ago, Eddie said:

So would you have clubs under central ownership? If we keep the salary cap this low the game can never grow and we’ll keep losing players to NRL and Union, or jobs outside of sport. If some teams can’t then compete so what, they’ll have to pull their socks up (easier said than done I accept) or others will take their place. 

I might argue in favour of having the clubs under central ownership if it were possible but that's not the point of this argument.

What I'm saying is that if the game cooperated by sharing examples of best practice (in terms of business operations) then all the clubs could achieve operational stability and financial prosperity sooner rather than later.

Then, we wouldn't have the embarrassing failures we've witnessed in recent years, where suppliers go unpaid, grounds are not maintained (or upgraded) and clubs run aground in administration, professional players being laid off, directors abandoning ship or going cap in hand to the RFL, or the poor supporters club members for a hand out.

If by sharing best practice, these dreadful cringe-worthy events could be rendered far less likely. Then the whole game benefits, the games standing rises, fans and sponsors  and rich investors/directors would be happier to align themselves to our game and everyone, yes everyone benefits.

Have it your way, and nothing changes, the poor chumps who don't (or can't) pull their socks up will disappear alright but are you so sure, they'll be replaced by ''others''?

3 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

That's to cover the webbed feet that the Marras have evolved over time to cope with climatic conditions, just don't throw them any bread!?????

Is it the climactic conditions or the outpourings from Sunny Sellafield that makes the kids glow in the dark! 

9 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I might argue in favour of having the clubs under central ownership if it were possible but that's not the point of this argument.

What I'm saying is that if the game cooperated by sharing examples of best practice (in terms of business operations) then all the clubs could achieve operational stability and financial prosperity sooner rather than later.

Then, we wouldn't have the embarrassing failures we've witnessed in recent years, where suppliers go unpaid, grounds are not maintained (or upgraded) and clubs run aground in administration, professional players being laid off, directors abandoning ship or going cap in hand to the RFL, or the poor supporters club members for a hand out.

If by sharing best practice, these dreadful cringe-worthy events could be rendered far less likely. Then the whole game benefits, the games standing rises, fans and sponsors  and rich investors/directors would be happier to align themselves to our game and everyone, yes everyone benefits.

Have it your way, and nothing changes, the poor chumps who don't (or can't) pull their socks up will disappear alright but are you so sure, they'll be replaced by ''others''?

It’s not my way, i’d prefer it if they share ideas (and maybe they do, we don’t know), I was merely pointing out that they probably won’t want o because they (as owners with a lot of money at stake) want their teams to win. 

Howeever I also want the salary cap raised so we keep and attract better players, and if that means the gap widens then so be it. 

7 hours ago, Davo5 said:

At this stage of his career he's not good enough for the NRL,he'd get found out defensively,especially under the high ball and physically.

He’s not good enough for the NRL but he’s good enough for the Titans

21 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Is it the climactic conditions or the outpourings from Sunny Sellafield that makes the kids glow in the dark! 

Yep, the School buses are unique up there, they don't have point's for the kids to plug their games etc into just socket's that the kid's stick their fingers into to power the bus☢️☢️☢️☢️

19 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Fair old commute from Dorset to St Helens I would think.

If he’s from Port Talbot he’ll be used to be amazing beaches along the South Wales coast. I was distinctly underwhelmed by Bondi too when I was there. However some of the most beautiful places I’ve been to are in Australia.

6 minutes ago, Mushy said:

If he’s from Port Talbot he’ll be used to be amazing beaches along the South Wales coast. I was distinctly underwhelmed by Bondi too when I was there. However some of the most beautiful places I’ve been to are in Australia.

Aberavon Beach isn’t far from his mums house. The beach is nice if not the weather. ?

Better beaches both west and east from Port Talbot. ?

3 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I will entertain the fool, go on back up your “factual” statement. 

Laters Davey boy, I won’t be seeing you back here. 

You should be able to get professional help for that Saints persecution complex you suffer from.

Wales wingers: 

Regan Grace and Rhys Williams both have the disadvantage of being short in an era where catching the bomb in traffic is a job that they have to face half a dozen times in most games.

They are literally vertically-challenged.

Regan has got lightning pace that more than compensates for aerial disadvantage. Rhys hasn't got that pace but he runs like a tank; I have always thought that he would have been a great centre for us at Odsal.

I've seen a lot of Dalton Grant and Rhys Evans this season at the Bulls. Both have lost a bit of their former pace but are powerfully built. I thought last season that Rhys was much better at centre. When Rhys and Ethan Ryan were fit, Dalton didn't get a game. I think he would have given us some go-forward at second row and acted as cover for a backs injury during the game.

Dalton was one of the few bright lights for Wales in the World Nines this week and he's out of contract. I hope London re-sign Dalton, who lives down there.

Rhys is out of contract and has shown excellent form this season and seems to be a real team-person. Someone will no doubt sign him up.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 17/10/2019 at 21:58, DoubleD said:

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/grace-eyeing-up-nrl-move-23405/

I imagine there’ll be a few Saints following him over the next year or 2.

A shame Australia can’t produce their own players so that we have to keep supporting them ?

I would be very careful if i was a British Super League player and offered a contract at the Titans. The whole club seems a basket case

42 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I would be very careful if i was a British Super League player and offered a contract at the Titans. The whole club seems a basket case

Even basket case organisations can be turned round. Look at the Bulls.

?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I’m not sure I get this ‘ too small ‘ argument . There are other attributes , like out n out speed , mobility , footwork , line breaking and finishing ability etc that compensate and even are an asset against bigger guys . Someone mentioned josh addo - the fox, similar with guys like Dufty and plenty of others . Yes we can say they can’t do this n that , but you can also concentrate on what they can do which not many can . I’d deffo take a punt on grace 

36 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m not sure I get this ‘ too small ‘ argument . There are other attributes , like out n out speed , mobility , footwork , line breaking and finishing ability etc that compensate and even are an asset against bigger guys . Someone mentioned josh addo - the fox, similar with guys like Dufty and plenty of others . Yes we can say they can’t do this n that , but you can also concentrate on what they can do which not many can . I’d deffo take a punt on grace 

The Fox is over 6 feet tall.

On 18/10/2019 at 15:59, fighting irish said:

Nah, it's the sheep that glow in the dark, as we reminded them last time they were down here ?

...whereas our fluffy sheep....are wonderful ?

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

36 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

Nah, it's the sheep that glow in the dark, as we reminded them last time they were down here ?

...whereas our fluffy sheep....are wonderful ?

Of course, further South, we prefer the young women. 

Archived