Sign in to follow this  
Batley Bob

Bulldog inbound 🐶 Jack Blagbrough

Always cheers me up. The complete charlatan that is Gary Thornton is something our 3 clubs have all experienced and learnt our lesson from. Hunslet are a bit slow on the uptake!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Always cheers me up. The complete charlatan that is Gary Thornton is something our 3 clubs have all experienced and learnt our lesson from. Hunslet are a bit slow on the uptake!

Careful Rob, you might upset some of the SNOWFLAKES amongst us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

aint no snowflake but i do think gary did well with what we had at the time,and rate him well above what we just got rid of by a mile. a snowflake would be happy in the bottom 4 every year/

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, silverback said:

aint no snowflake but i do think gary did well with what we had at the time,and rate him well above what we just got rid of by a mile. a snowflake would be happy in the bottom 4 every year/

If I'm being fair, Thornton himself knew he was out of his depth. He offered his resignation on various occasions (before being persuaded to stay) prior to finally leaving in 2009. 

4 hours ago, Tony F said:

If I'm being fair, Thornton himself knew he was out of his depth. He offered his resignation on various occasions (before being persuaded to stay) prior to finally leaving in 2009. 

yep,Thornton himself knew he was out of his depth. he did, but then we would go out and play some cracking rugby and baffle him time and again, when we had a good game he used to say many a time how he wished he could bottle it up for week after. anyway on to 2020 and all the fun.