Super League 9s

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MattSantos said:

You want to see 9s mid season?

Whats the plan?

Not sure really, would need to talk with potential broadcasters and then sponsors.

The mooted plan is take to play it over the bank holidays which arguably lowers the risk of a single big mid season event failing and losing a load of cash in one swoop.

On the other hand a festival of rugby league, be it a Magic style ‘All Star esque’ showcase might be exactly the vehicle needed to give this format its best chance of success over here.

There’s arguments to be made over player availability and enthusiasm from the clubs, but this would all come down to the initial point about how much it would be worth to sponsors/broadcasters.

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Not sure really, would need to talk with potential broadcasters and then sponsors.

The mooted plan is take to play it over the bank holidays which arguably lowers the risk of a single big mid season event failing and losing a load of cash in one swoop.

On the other hand a festival of rugby league, be it a Magic style ‘All Star esque’ showcase might be exactly the vehicle needed to give this format its best chance of success over here.

There’s arguments to be made over player availability and enthusiasm from the clubs, but this would all come down to the initial point about how much it would be worth to sponsors/broadcasters.

Eh.

I dont live in the UK anymore but arent the bamk holidays the big local games or finals?

Do we not already have a festival of rugby.. the magic weekend?

When i own Fev and were in Superleague, i'd rather you lick my bag than take away my precioius to play a daft 9s mid season. This is insania. 

I could go on but my champagne needs supping

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Just now, MattSantos said:

Eh.

I dont live in the UK anymore but arent the bamk holidays the big local games or finals?

Do we not already have a festival of rugby.. the magic weekend?

When i own Fev and were in Superleague, i'd rather you lick my bag than take away my precioius to play a daft 9s mid season. This is insania. 

I could go on but my champagne needs supping

I bet it’s the cheap stuff which is why you’re not thinking clearly! ?

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I bet it’s the cheap stuff which is why you’re not thinking clearly! ?

Cant beat a bit of salmon B. 

Ps. A great competitiom for the women..the Emgland PNG game today was ace 

*i am not Cas Vegas

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

Integrate it as an important part of the season... over three days... groups of three based on current league position... 1 Superleague point for each game won... 

same for semi and final... further you go more SL points you accumulate 

find a lucrative sponsorships  and the comp has double value. 

3 minutes ago, Wollongong said:

Integrate it as an important part of the season... over three days... groups of three based on current league position... 1 Superleague point for each game won... 

Interesting that and you’re not the only one on here who has said the competition needs to have meaning in terms of the big picture of the season.

11 minutes ago, Wollongong said:

Drugs? Only child? Cas fan? Nigel Woods sister? Imsomniac?

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

What if Sky asked for a weekend of it instead of the usual Super League fixtures?

What if Keira Knightley popped by on her way to Malyasia. Invite hwr in, show her the haribo and then tell her to intercourse off

What if Sky asked for a weekend of it instead of the usual Super League fixtures?

It would take something like that and some sort of cash injection to make it worth clubs giving up a game and to make it worth their while.

4 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Are you seriously in favour of a mid season 9s?

Is anyone? Is the world that mad?

Depends on what broadcasters and sponsors thought really.

If you could get them on board then I would make adjustments to the current calendar.

TV, sponsors, clubs, players and fans all pulling in the same direction could make a success out of it as a vehicle to promote the game.

You’d need as much buy-in as possible from all these stakeholders.

Depends on what broadcasters and sponsors thought really.

If you could get them on board then I would make adjustments to the current calendar.

TV, sponsors, clubs, players and fans all pulling in the same direction could make a success out of it as a vehicle to promote the game.

You’d need as much buy-in as possible from all these stakeholders.

Pre season. Aye. Otherwise youd have to be a mentalist to want a mid season comp

12 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Drugs? Only child? Cas fan? Nigel Woods sister? Imsomniac?

Never, youngest of four, no, no and it’s after 7am here in Aus... I’m usually up now...

i m just considering, over a breakfast coffee, what would capture the imagination of the RL populous... and integrating this facet of the game might... just might... be worth discussion. Sorry if I upset you

Archived