Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Man of Kent

Super League 9s

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

That’s an interesting way of doing it.

You want to see 9s mid season?

Whats the plan?

Edited by MattSantos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MattSantos said:

You want to see 9s mid season?

Whats the plan?

Not sure really, would need to talk with potential broadcasters and then sponsors.

The mooted plan is take to play it over the bank holidays which arguably lowers the risk of a single big mid season event failing and losing a load of cash in one swoop.

On the other hand a festival of rugby league, be it a Magic style ‘All Star esque’ showcase might be exactly the vehicle needed to give this format its best chance of success over here.

There’s arguments to be made over player availability and enthusiasm from the clubs, but this would all come down to the initial point about how much it would be worth to sponsors/broadcasters.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Not sure really, would need to talk with potential broadcasters and then sponsors.

The mooted plan is take to play it over the bank holidays which arguably lowers the risk of a single big mid season event failing and losing a load of cash in one swoop.

On the other hand a festival of rugby league, be it a Magic style ‘All Star esque’ showcase might be exactly the vehicle needed to give this format its best chance of success over here.

There’s arguments to be made over player availability and enthusiasm from the clubs, but this would all come down to the initial point about how much it would be worth to sponsors/broadcasters.

 

Eh.

I dont live in the UK anymore but arent the bamk holidays the big local games or finals?

Do we not already have a festival of rugby.. the magic weekend?

When i own Fev and were in Superleague, i'd rather you lick my bag than take away my precioius to play a daft 9s mid season. This is insania. 

I could go on but my champagne needs supping

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MattSantos said:

Eh.

I dont live in the UK anymore but arent the bamk holidays the big local games or finals?

Do we not already have a festival of rugby.. the magic weekend?

When i own Fev and were in Superleague, i'd rather you lick my bag than take away my precioius to play a daft 9s mid season. This is insania. 

I could go on but my champagne needs supping

 

I bet it’s the cheap stuff which is why you’re not thinking clearly! 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I bet it’s the cheap stuff which is why you’re not thinking clearly! 😃

Cant beat a bit of salmon B. 

Ps. A great competitiom for the women..the Emgland PNG game today was ace 

*i am not Cas Vegas

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Integrate it as an important part of the season... over three days... groups of three based on current league position... 1 Superleague point for each game won... 

same for semi and final... further you go more SL points you accumulate 

find a lucrative sponsorships  and the comp has double value. 
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wollongong said:

Integrate it as an important part of the season... over three days... groups of three based on current league position... 1 Superleague point for each game won... 

same for semi and final... further you go more SL points you accumulate 

find a lucrative sponsorships  and the comp has double value. 
 

 

 

Interesting that and you’re not the only one on here who has said the competition needs to have meaning in terms of the big picture of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any 9s will not work unless it has a proper place and all the top players playing. In a crowded calender I just can't see how this is going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Wollongong said:

Integrate it as an important part of the season... over three days... groups of three based on current league position... 1 Superleague point for each game won... 

same for semi and final... further you go more SL points you accumulate 

find a lucrative sponsorships  and the comp has double value. 
 

 

 

Drugs? Only child? Cas fan? Nigel Woods sister? Imsomniac?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Damien said:

Any 9s will not work unless it has a proper place and all the top players playing. In a crowded calender I just can't see how this is going to happen.

What if Sky asked for a weekend of it instead of the usual Super League fixtures?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

What if Sky asked for a weekend of it instead of the usual Super League fixtures?

What if Keira Knightley popped by on her way to Malyasia. Invite hwr in, show her the haribo and then tell her to intercourse off

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

What if Sky asked for a weekend of it instead of the usual Super League fixtures?

It would take something like that and some sort of cash injection to make it worth clubs giving up a game and to make it worth their while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Damien said:

It would take something like that and some sort of cash injection to make it worth clubs giving up a game and to make it worth their while.

Yes, I agree, I wouldn’t launch the concept without TV and sponsorship onboard.

That’d be the only way to get the clubs and players into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Are you seriously in favour of a mid season 9s?

Is anyone? Is the world that mad?

Depends on what broadcasters and sponsors thought really.

If you could get them on board then I would make adjustments to the current calendar.

TV, sponsors, clubs, players and fans all pulling in the same direction could make a success out of it as a vehicle to promote the game.

You’d need as much buy-in as possible from all these stakeholders.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Depends on what broadcasters and sponsors thought really.

If you could get them on board then I would make adjustments to the current calendar.

TV, sponsors, clubs, players and fans all pulling in the same direction could make a success out of it as a vehicle to promote the game.

You’d need as much buy-in as possible from all these stakeholders.

Pre season. Aye. Otherwise youd have to be a mentalist to want a mid season comp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Drugs? Only child? Cas fan? Nigel Woods sister? Imsomniac?

Never, youngest of four, no, no and it’s after 7am here in Aus... I’m usually up now...

i m just considering, over a breakfast coffee, what would capture the imagination of the RL populous... and integrating this facet of the game might... just might... be worth discussion. Sorry if I upset you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MattSantos said:

Pre season. Aye. Otherwise youd have to be a mentalist to want a mid season comp

Trouble with pre-season in my eyes is that it’s a bit chilly to be sat in the stands for 3 and half hours in one go!  And then do the same the next day too!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...