Music you had to listen to as a kid

6 minutes ago, Niels said:

I  remember reading that he made a solo album around that time. 

More of a country album than Dr Hook.

I dont know if you knew about it?

"Take this job and shove it I ain't working here no more" - by Johnny Paycheck.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Niels said:

I  remember reading that he made a solo album around that time. 

More of a country album than Dr Hook.

I dont know if you knew about it?

No, I'm not into C&W tbh, that was the only song I could tell you DrH and the Ms did, I just recalled hearing of patch's Obit in the graun.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2019 at 10:35, Click said:

The parents used to always play The Carpenters on long car journeys, have fond memories of driving through various areas of Spain with The Carpenters playing in a car that was much too small for the whole family let alone putting luggage into it also.

We used to drive to North Wales most weekends as a kid, my parents and two older sisters. The Carpenters were a standard feature, as if we couldn't drive to Wales without Karen singing along. 

The other staple was actually Showaddywaddy, mainly I think because my parents thought it was funny to hear the kids singing harmonies to it on the back seat (no seatbelts plus my Dad smoking a pipe). Anyone remember them?

Lots of prog rock and hard/heavy rock such as Genesis and Black Sabbath courtesy of an older brother.

We had the house to ourselves a lot and I remember it always being full of his mates who always brought albums with them as well.

Still like 'some' of that stuff and even still love some of it ie SAHB but also find a lot of it unlistenable.

The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

Archived