International 9s in America, Middle East

Pulga

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

It's not semantics, it's a very important distinction. I honestly can't see one thing to do with the tournament that is anything to do with the IRL and that has been the case since it was first announced. 

What do you want to see? 

How will the WC2021 over here look any different?

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

What do you want to see? 

How will the WC2021 over here look any different?

I can guarantee that it will have IRL branding and be played to international rules for starters with referees from outside of one league. It will also follow IRL governance. It certainly won't just be run by SLE either with things like draws and fixtures announced by them. Profits will also go to the IRL rather than some mythical understanding that will never happen. Oh and a nines tournament won't just be suggested instead because it suits what Australia wants to do in that particular year.

Just now, Damien said:

I can guarantee that it will have IRL branding and be played to international rules for starters with referees from outside of one league. It will also follow IRL governance. It certainly won't just be run by SLE either with things like draws and fixtures announced by them. Profits will also go to the IRL rather than some mythical understanding that will never happen. Oh and a nines tournament won't just be suggested instead because it suits what Australia wants to do in that particular year.

What are the international rules for 9’s?

I look forward to seeing this IRL branding in 2021 ?

Lets be honest this was a last minute put together to meet Australia’s commitment from the last WC. It served a purpose and set a platform for a potential future in this form of the game. Let’s not get hung up on the smaller picture 

9 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Same difference. My point being that unlike the 4 nations which are solely run by the individual nations, this is an IRL led tournament. The IRL don’t run them directly as there are only about 4 full time employees in the organisation 

Again, something like the Four Nations is sanctioned by the IRL....Test matches attract a Levy of 10% on gate receipts. 

I would love to see the money men that want to get behind such a proposal.

What is the Promoter of the Denver Game doing nowadays?

Nigel is the greatest survivor ever, he should have been shown the door years ago, better still never employed.

8 hours ago, Southerner said:

Good idea, it’s arguably a more exciting version of our game and easier for new fans to understand. Once they’ve got the gist they’ll be yearning for the full version ?

For North American fans it’s kind of a mix between NFL and Basketball. 

I don’t know whether this is sarcasm or not? Then again plenty on here seem to hold this deluded belief so I’ll go with that 

5 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

I don’t know whether this is sarcasm or not? Then again plenty on here seem to hold this deluded belief so I’ll go with that 

How long does it take to set a Scrum, Mr Troll? That is so exciting to watch compared to Proper running Rugby. Thats the view you keep trying to say.

15 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

How long does it take to set a Scrum, Mr Troll? That is so exciting to watch compared to Proper running Rugby. Thats the view you keep trying to say.

That’s completely missing the point. For some reason rugby league fans think Americans are a bunch of morons who can’t understand complex games and therefore will gravitate towards a sport that RL fans deem similar to American Football. Of course the only similarity RL shares with American Football is the tackle/down but even then they don’t even work the same. American Football has more in common with union than it does with rugby league 

31 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

That’s completely missing the point. For some reason rugby league fans think Americans are a bunch of morons who can’t understand complex games and therefore will gravitate towards a sport that RL fans deem similar to American Football. Of course the only similarity RL shares with American Football is the tackle/down but even then they don’t even work the same. American Football has more in common with union than it does with rugby league 

Nothing like tarring all Rugby League fans with the same brush. It's odd how you constantly show such disdain for a sport that you are supposedly a fan of. Cross code certainly hasn't missed this level of debate during your ban.

Tail wagging the dog again. It should just be called the NRL 9s:

The Herald has been told the NRL will not budge on the eligibility laws. It is in fact more likely that the RLIF changes its eligibility laws and demands all players that take the field to represent their country must be over 18.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-won-t-budge-on-eligibility-laws-despite-lebanon-debacle-20191020-p532gn.html

3 hours ago, Damien said:

Cross code certainly hasn't missed this level of debate during your ban.

Well you got what you wanted didn’t you? Can’t have posters enjoying the spectacle. We’re all expected to indulge in union bashing even if it requires delusions like so many of the posts in there. Talk about being insecure 

8 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Well you got what you wanted didn’t you? Can’t have posters enjoying the spectacle. We’re all expected to indulge in union bashing even if it requires delusions like so many of the posts in there. Talk about being insecure 

So instead you are bashing Rugby League fans. How civil.

15 hours ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

You are nothing but a sad individual, trying to wind people up. You are no more a League fan, as I am a Union one. You try and hide behind speaking the truth, but you are a troll. You have not since since made a positive Post about Rugby League. I ask publically that you are banned from this Forum.

17 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

You are nothing but a sad individual, trying to wind people up. You are no more a League fan, as I am a Union one. You try and hide behind speaking the truth, but you are a troll. You have not since since made a positive Post about Rugby League. I ask publically that you are banned from this Forum.

It's one of life's mysteries that he hasn't been.

Archived