Sammut

Monkeymagic22

27 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

That's not totally accurate. The story on that Wigan website was up early this morning, I read it myself before the piece on our own website appeared, it's basically a rehash of the stories in League Weekly, and appears to have been updated after our own website piece appeared (adding the bit about Fev denying the player/coach aspect but saying we stopped short of denying interest in recruiting him as a player.).

That's how these things work. One story is written and lots of people regurgitate it, people see it in multiple places on the internet and think it's true. Read the story  (it's at https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-warriors-jarrod-sammut-on-the-radar-of-two-championship-clubs-1-10062003 )

There are no quotes in it. Stories that are full of phrases like "are thought to be keen to sign Sammut" basically tell you that the author is relying on 2nd-hand or 3rd-hand information.

For me the line on our website "Recruitment for the rumoured position is already complete with Featherstone having a number of options available to the club in terms of cover as well" refers to the half back position - we wouldn't talk in terms of having a number of cover options for a coach would we?

I agree it's  much ado about nothing but I was just pointing as well as the rugby media a local wigan publication has  jumped aboard the story

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Given all the rumours flying about at this time of year in particular, I wonder why the club have felt the need to put out a statement to deny this one. ?

Probably because the rumour undermines Marchy's position and they want to keep him m happy since he's so highly regarded by the players and backroom staff. 

On 22/10/2019 at 17:24, gazza77 said:

Given all the rumours flying about at this time of year in particular, I wonder why the club have felt the need to put out a statement to deny this one. ?

Hmm maybe if he signs for Leeds you'll see owt of him

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• 1 month later...

Archived