Mark Sawyer

Rambo

Just read an article in the T&A that states that Chris Brereton has pulled out of the consortium that is attempting to takeover at Bradford but Mark Sawyer is now leading the deal without Brereton..

How is this not a conflict of interests with his ownership of Dewsbury or is he planning on relinquishing his role at Dewsbury?

rambo.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Just read an article in the T&A that states that Chris Brereton has pulled out of the consortium that is attempting to takeover at Bradford but Mark Sawyer is now leading the deal without Brereton..

How is this not a conflict of interests with his ownership of Dewsbury or is he planning on relinquishing his role at Dewsbury?

It's been common knowledge that he was part of the consortium since the outset although also reported that his 'stake' will be lower than that which would make him a person with significant control so no conflict of interest. What the end game is though is anyone's guess.......Dewsford B**s anyone?

28 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It's been common knowledge that he was part of the consortium since the outset although also reported that his 'stake' will be lower than that which would make him a person with significant control so no conflict of interest. What the end game is though is anyone's guess.......Dewsford B**s anyone?

I struggle to see how it can’t be construed as a conflict of interest if you have a stake in 2 teams playing in the same division (no matter how small the stake).

rambo.gif

4 hours ago, Rambo said:

I don’t like the sound of this to be honest but I won’t comment until BSJ has explained it to us all.  I do remember that  MS was very impressed with the Bulls set up when he spoke at the forum.  Perhaps too impressed!!

Such a big fan of Dewsbury he's putting his brass into Bradford ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

14 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

You can have a share which is below 50% look at York with Mark Campbell 

What is Mark Campbell's shareholding in York and where did you get the information from?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

14 hours ago, NickD said:

I don’t like the sound of this to be honest but I won’t comment until BSJ has explained it to us all.  I do remember that  MS was very impressed with the Bulls set up when he spoke at the forum.  Perhaps too impressed!!

What explanation can I give Nick? I have no pecuniary interest in our club, with the proposed consortium nor with any other RL club. I read the same as everyone else in the RL press and believe about half of it.

I am very concerned with our relationship with Bradford and where it might lead, however.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Such a big fan of Dewsbury he's putting his brass into Bradford ?

And has never put a penny into Dewsbury eh, PM?

It's a shame that there will be no Dewsbury fans at their forum tonight, or will there? (I won't be at either meeting just to be clear.)

I would like to know who leads the meeting and who addresses their fans. As far as I am aware the current club is still owned 100% by Andrew Chalmers, unless anyone knows any better, so it might be questionable what pledges or assurances can be made.

12 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It's a shame that there will be no Dewsbury fans at their forum tonight, or will there? (I won't be at either meeting just to be clear.)

I would like to know who leads the meeting and who addresses their fans. As far as I am aware the current club is still owned 100% by Andrew Chalmers, unless anyone knows any better, so it might be questionable what pledges or assurances can be made.

Various tweets doing the rounds that the consortium is being led by Perez and that one N Wood is also involved.....

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

And has never put a penny into Dewsbury eh, PM?

Not enough to make you anything but relegation fodder. It seems he's saving pennies for a bigger club! If only they had a ground to call their own bedecked in black, amber and red... 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Just now, Piggy's mate said:

Not enough to make you anything but relegation fodder. It seems he's saving pennies for a bigger club! If only they had a ground to call their own bedecked in black, amber and red... 

Phew!!

That was a close one BSJ, thank God our ground is Red, Amber & Black! ?

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Archived