Hull KR Fans' Marquee Signing Fund Raising Attempt.

Whilst I admire the efforts and initiative of two of their fans to set up the "Hull KR Fans Marquee Player Fundraiser", I can't help but think it may well fall short of it's £100,000 target.

I think it's the following line that gives me that impression...

"As of 7.30pm on Tuesday evening the fundraising page has so far raised £1,681."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/rugby-league-news/hull-kr-crowd-fundraising-marquee-3455883

I wonder if it started out with two blokes having a chat over a few beers, thinking that if they generated a little backing from some cash strapped fans, then perhaps Neil Hudgell and his fellow Hull KR board members may feel as though they ought to show a bit more willing and pump a few quid more into the club. I doubt Hudgell will feel much guilt though, he's poured an absolute fortune into the club and Hull KR owe him a debt that can simply never be repaid.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Whilst I admire the efforts and initiative of two of their fans to set up the "Hull KR Fans Marquee Player Fundraiser", I can't help but think it may well fall short of it's £100,000 target.

I think it's the following line that gives me that impression...

"As of 7.30pm on Tuesday evening the fundraising page has so far raised £1,681."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/rugby-league-news/hull-kr-crowd-fundraising-marquee-3455883

I wonder if it started out with two blokes having a chat over a few beers, thinking that if they generated a little backing from some cash strapped fans, then perhaps Neil Hudgell and his fellow Hull KR board members may feel as though they ought to show a bit more willing and pump a few quid more into the club. I doubt Hudgell will feel much guilt though, he's poured an absolute fortune into the club and Hull KR owe him a debt that can simply never be repaid.

If that is so the lads who dreamt that this was doable must have been having drinking the same stuff as a few forum users.

3 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Wasn’t Drinkwater on an alleged £150k? 

Yeah just checked and if classed as a marquee anything over £150k doesn’t count on the cap. So if they are raising £100k they are still well short of what is needed for a proper marquee player for just a year.

25 minutes ago, LR23 said:

Yeah just checked and if classed as a marquee anything over £150k doesn’t count on the cap. So if they are raising £100k they are still well short of what is needed for a proper marquee player for just a year.

If they reach £100k, they can still sign a player or at least put the money towards the signing of a player or a designated marquee player. 

On 23/10/2019 at 21:25, Oliver Clothesoff said:

If they reach £100k, they can still sign a player or at least put the money towards the signing of a player or a designated marquee player. 

Yup. The club may be happy to pay up to £150k per player, but a £100k donation allows for a £250k player.

Be interesting to see how much they raise on this. Remember it needs to be for more than one year, so we are talking a couple of hundred grand at least.

31 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yup. The club may be happy to pay up to £150k per player, but a £100k donation allows for a £250k player.

Be interesting to see how much they raise on this. Remember it needs to be for more than one year, so we are talking a couple of hundred grand at least.

Well, Jackson Hastings was only supposed to be at Salford for half a year, so it is something they could address at a later date. 

Why would anyone deride this initiative? Even if they do only raise £2k so what, at least they’ve given it a go instead of spending their time running everything down on an Internet forum. And I bet HKR would be chuffed with a free £2k anyway, they’re not exactly Real Madrid are they. 

On 22/10/2019 at 21:10, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Maybe for an amateur club. £2k won't make a dent in a SL club.

Only a couple of grand more and that gets you to the level of making phantom/unbelievable excuses as to why you've gone over the salary cap, seriously though raised monies can always make a difference, even £2k at SL level can get you something that makes a positive difference.

Fans doing stuff for their club, that should be the headline and discussion not trying to score points against a rival club that sounds just a wee bit lame, how much monies raised is kinda irrelevant tbh.

Archived