Toronto on the road

Mr Frisky

May be too late for this season, but if the powers at Town had a bit of ambition and forward thinking, should they offer DP as a venue for one of TW early SL season games?

We could get a lot of local Cumbrian interest, SL away fans of course and I belive it's part of Torontos plan to spread SL games around the UK and Europe so everyones a winner. As Cumbria haven't had a SL game in 20 years what an opportunity.

Could get a big crowd, publicity for town as well as the all important bar money of course....

Good Idea but very much doubt Derwent Park would meet Super League ground criteria.

If our Council ever come up with a plan for a new Stadium which I very much doubt you can Guarantee it will not be of sufficient size to ever play host to big games again.

The chance has gone for Workington to get into the 21st century and the Council will just do what they want as they just see both teams as Tinpot clubs with no future and they will make us an even bigger backwater than we all ready are.

Thats an excellent idea for Workington but should maybe even be expanded to other outlying areas such as Newcastle, London (now they arent in SL), scotland, wales etc. Take the Toronto games on the road for the several they cant play at home. I presume they arent in Canada due to the weather?

5 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I'm just a lowly fan who lives away and attends home games when I can so I'm assuming the commercial team at town have already thought about this and done a cost analysis on it.....

Who do you expect to answer this question or is it just a statement to try and draw criticism to the said commercial team?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

46 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Who do you expect to answer this question or is it just a statement to try and draw criticism to the said commercial team?

Just an idea marra, so though it was worth testing out on a fan page that most fans would have some positive feedback.

It's a fans forum after all for fans comments, so as so few have chipped in I'm assuming it's a bad idea so let's just leave it and move on kid.

Sorry to put an idea out there but  I now live in an area in the South when small clubs - both football & Union are really switched on about things like this and how to maximise their grounds or match day experience.

My last idea a few years ago when I brought up some Sarries RU fans to West Cumbria and forced them to a Town match ? - after their comments on Towns match day experience - was to suggest that we sell Town cups, T shirts etc In the popular side bar ( which is massively underused) as even those RU fans they said Town were missing a trick - I got shot down then as well on this forum.

Ok let's move on - UTT as long as we dont show any ambition.

3 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Just an idea marra, so though it was worth testing out on a fan page that most fans would have some positive feedback.

It's a fans forum after all for fans comments, so as so few have chipped in I'm assuming it's a bad idea so let's just leave it and move on kid.

Sorry to put an idea out there but  I now live in an area in the South when small clubs - both football & Union are really switched on about things like this and how to maximise their grounds or match day experience.

My last idea a few years ago when I brought up some Sarries RU fans to West Cumbria and forced them to a Town match ? - after their comments on Towns match day experience - was to suggest that we sell Town cups, T shirts etc In the popular side bar ( which is massively underused) as even those RU fans they said Town were missing a trick - I got shot down then as well on this forum.

Ok let's move on - UTT as long as we dont show any ambition.

Oh don't start getting all fragile on me, I just couldn't work out the bit where you said ..

10 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

so I'm assuming the commercial team at town have already thought about this and done a cost analysis on it.....

If you read it back does it not read a bit cynical to you? Why would you assume they already have? And if you thought they had already done it why did you suggest it as an idea in the first place??

I would bet that they'd consider any idea to increase revenue, and I certainly wouldn't shoot anyone down on here that was trying to help the club out. The first post sounded exactly like somebody putting a good idea out there, but the second post even though all the responses above it acknowledges it was a good idea is a bit chippy, as is your reply to me. Sorry if I bruised you ego by questioning you chief.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 minute ago, The Voodooguru said:

Oh don't start getting all fragile on me, I just couldn't work out the bit where you said ..

If you read it back does it not read a bit cynical to you? Why would you assume they already have? And if you thought they had already done it why did you suggest it as an idea in the first place??

I would bet that they'd consider any idea to increase revenue, and I certainly wouldn't shoot anyone down on here that was trying to help the club out. The first post sounded exactly like somebody putting a good idea out there, but the second post even though all the responses above it acknowledges it was a good idea is a bit chippy, as is your reply to me. Sorry if I bruised you ego by questioning you chief.

No probs marra, it's that West Cumbrian lack of ambition that still grates after all these years.

Archived