Warrington and Catalans fined

That fine doesn't feel proportionate to some of the fines dished out to other clubs for lesser misdemeanors. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

But to clarify, at the time,  a lot of posters were complaining about warrington players discipline because of what happened on the pitch and also the Warrington fans behavior in the stand.

But Catalans had more players suspended after that match and Catalans have got a bigger fine and previous had to be taken into account.

Hmmm

Was expecting a few hangings at the very least.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

15 minutes ago, LR23 said:

Didn't Hull KR get a £25k fine for the MPG trouble three years ago? It wasn't great but I'd say it was a level below this. 

Yes. David Argyle got fined $7k for a joke in poor taste for example. Assuming he paid it all that's 2k more than Warrington are paying for brawling on and off the field.

Fev have been fined 20k this year for inappropriate chanting. Deserved the fine imo but wasn't as serious as this. 

There were a couple more that I'd need to go back and check which they were.

The gravity of this incident I would have thought would have warranted a pretty hefty fine. Both clubs have got off lightly in my opinion.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Why should a club be fined for its fans misbehaviour? It’s not their fault. 

Disagree, clubs ultimately have a responsibility,  I know idiots will behave badly from any club but I have noticed a change in a small minority of fans who follow Warrington, usually alcohol is involved but flashes of trouble and smoke bombs are getting too regular especially at away games. I think both clubs could havr been fined heavier but the RFL are weak on any fines too clubs.

33 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Disagree, clubs ultimately have a responsibility,  I know idiots will behave badly from any club but I have noticed a change in a small minority of fans who follow Warrington, usually alcohol is involved but flashes of trouble and smoke bombs are getting too regular especially at away games. I think both clubs could havr been fined heavier but the RFL are weak on any fines too clubs.

Clubs can ban troublemakers after an event but I don’t see what they can do to stop people taking flares to away games or kicking off at away games. Fining them seems harsh and where does the fine money go anyway?

21 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Clubs can ban troublemakers after an event but I don’t see what they can do to stop people taking flares to away games or kicking off at away games. Fining them seems harsh and where does the fine money go anyway?

The money probably goes to the RFL, Warrington have banned trouble makers and it is quite easy to find half of them before the games as they  brag on social media with pictures of flares leading upto games. Maybe videoing your own fans at away game's will help spot problem fans(it has been done before).What you can't do is ignore it.

41 minutes ago, Eddie said:

yes, but it should be the away club (as in home ground in which game is played) that deals with any such incidents... if they don't handle it appropriately then they should be fined or  depending on how poorly having to play subsequent games  "behind closed doors".    

Sometimes they may need to think or be forced to think about having more stewarding (or pay for police)... to be able to deal with incidents quickly and professionally.   

18 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

The money probably goes to the RFL, Warrington have banned trouble makers and it is quite easy to find half of them before the games as they  brag on social media with pictures of flares leading upto games. Maybe videoing your own fans at away game's will help spot problem fans(it has been done before).What you can't do is ignore it.

Who would want to go to a game if there are going to be people constantly videoing you, and why would a club go through people’s Facebook pages looking for incriminating photos? Fining a club just punishes the vast majority of fans who don’t misbehave imho, and clubs can only act by banning people after a serious event. 

Well ive been to plenty of wire games at widnes were the police video the fan's. You forget they are there. At home games with my grandchildren you see no prpblems as the stands have  hpme fans separated in stands usually younger adults stand up were families sit so no trouble, but at away games you are all together and if you are sober and with kids it sometimes is not ideal magic is the worst.

24 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Who would want to go to a game if there are going to be people constantly videoing you, and why would a club go through people’s Facebook pages looking for incriminating photos? Fining a club just punishes the vast majority of fans who don’t misbehave imho, and clubs can only act by banning people after a serious event. 

Happens all the time at Football. Nothing to worry about if you’re there to watch a game of sport. 

13 hours ago, LR23 said:

Didn't Hull KR get a £25k fine for the MPG trouble three years ago? It wasn't great but I'd say it was a level below this. 

13 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Yes. David Argyle got fined $7k for a joke in poor taste for example. Assuming he paid it all that's 2k more than Warrington are paying for brawling on and off the field.

Fev have been fined 20k this year for inappropriate chanting. Deserved the fine imo but wasn't as serious as this. 

There were a couple more that I'd need to go back and check which they were.

The gravity of this incident I would have thought would have warranted a pretty hefty fine. Both clubs have got off lightly in my opinion.

Fev had fined for repeat incidents, including racism. That seems pretty serious, I wouldn't be so quick to play those incidents down.

Hull KR had incidents happen on the pitch (not for the first time), and breached 3 operational rules. Their fine was lower than Catalans.

These fines are hefty in RL contexts.

Widnes only got £20k for their fans at that semi versus Cas 5 years ago.

The fine seems exactly in line based on context.

Archived