Netherlands ask to host a Toronto Home game in 2020

Sorry to come over all " parky" on you guys, but what the hell is going on? New " expansion" team , newly promoted, new Canadian fans , spreading TGG to Canada at long last achieved the dream of a SL place , and a home game is taken away to Netherlands. Stuff the Canadian fans, one game less to go see, tough luck suckers.

1 minute ago, HawkMan said:

Sorry to come over all " parky" on you guys, but what the hell is going on? New " expansion" team , newly promoted, new Canadian fans , spreading TGG to Canada at long last achieved the dream of a SL place , and a home game is taken away to Netherlands. Stuff the Canadian fans, one game less to go see, tough luck suckers.

Canadian fans will have to make do with ice hockey games in February...

37 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Sparta Rotterdam would be great.

Flight to Schiphol, 30 mins or so train to Rotterdam Centraal, then a quick hop on the metro. Easy.

To be fair you are describing the trip to pretty much any stadium in the country there.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

If people and/or clubs weren't moaning about allowing Toronto to play in blocks then there would be no need to take games going away from Canada.

Just now, Man of Kent said:

I'm a big admirer of the Netherlands. Excellent transport system. 

Finally some common ground between us.?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 years ago, I made a wish, to get a professional rugby league team in Canada. Checked.

Moving back to Belgium this year, my wish was to get Wolfpack early “home” games in the Netherlands. Checked.

Can I get one billion euros now?

45 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

They can't play in Toronto until April due to the climate. The season starts in February. They're going to play their three home 'loop fixtures' somewhere in Europe, so each SL team only has to go to Canada once.

I don't have a problem with it. In fact if they play one in Rotterdam or Amsterdam I'll seriously consider going!

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I don't have a problem with it. In fact if they play one in Rotterdam or Amsterdam I'll seriously consider going!

That’s my thinking too. When they announce the games and dates I will look into the possibility of going if the dates work out etc... it’s something a bit different and novelty sells... run with it (that goes for the other teams making the most of the novelty, before it runs out, of having Toronto in town)

6 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I use KLM out of Leeds a lot.  Bus directly to Leeds Bradford is a few quid and the flight will be around £80.

im guessing, but I expect the Ferry from Hull will be more expensive now everything’s (bed, food) itemised.

Cost of the ferry varies enormously depending on the time of year, mate. You can get some very good deals out of their peak times.

Would love a trip  on the ferry to see Hull in Rotterdam.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 minute ago, Ullman said:

Cost of the ferry varies enormously depending on the time of year, mate. You can get some very good deals out of their peak times.

Would love a trip  on the ferry to see Hull in Rotterdam.

And I would love to tag along!  Hope your doing ok pal?

1 minute ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

If they “take” Broncos’ fixtures from this year, that means three games against Saints and two away, so one in Canada and one in Europe somewhere. Take the Champions to Holland lads, you know it makes sense. 

Wasn't it arranged on odds vs evens based on League finishing? In which case you would get them thrice

1 hour ago, fevtom said:

Apologies, just started a new thread on this myself. It could be Rotterdam or anywhere...

Rotterdam would be ideal for a Hull team

....... Liverpool or Rome...'Cause Rotterdam is anywhere
Anywhere alone
Anywhere alone

Archived