Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scotchy1

Valencia

2 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

I don't need to cling on to a fantasy vision of a big city league. If you want to base yourself in a fantasy land that is your prerogative. 

Now, if ALL of those teams existed I would be more than happy to play your little game.

Cool. Enjoy your drab cynicism. 

Edited by scotchy1

1 minute ago, scotchy1 said:

Cool. Enjoy your drab cynicism. 

Cynicism based on 15 threads a month on here about expanding to every city on the planet, at some stage or other, plus the track record of the success of rugby league clubs expansion efforts in the past.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Private Baldrick said:

Cynicism based on 15 threads a month on here about expanding to every city on the planet, at some stage or other, plus the track record of the success of rugby league clubs expansion efforts in the past.

Sounds fun. Eventually you will be right and the people who got excited and enjoyed the dream will be wrong and i dont know,  maybe that will give you some sort of fulfillment. Enjoy it when it happens. 

3 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Sounds fun. Eventually you will be right and the people who got excited and enjoyed the dream will be wrong and i dont know,  maybe that will give you some sort of fulfillment. Enjoy it when it happens. 

No sense of fulfilment, and no sense of surprise either when that latest expansion project goes belly up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Private Baldrick said:

No sense of fulfilment, and no sense of surprise either when that latest expansion project goes belly up. 

Sounds like a laugh a minute. Im definitely jealous of your cynicism. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Bet you'd be pleased with that 

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/valencia-set-stage-grand-final-20721898

Looking to stage a double header and move towards L1 in 2021

People tell me a big city league is impossible. 

New York, Ottawa, Toronto, Toulouse, Leeds, london, Hull, Manchester, Valencia, Amsterdam. 

Yeah you’d definitely want these teams that don’t exist in ahead of wigan and Saints. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Daddy said:

Bet you'd be pleased with that 

Why would I be pleased? I am basing my thoughts on the proven track record of expansionists clubs and pointing out that they haven't been a huge success. If they succeed, they succeed, but I fear that they won't.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

It is beyond me, why any RL fan, would be anything but excited by these developments. 

Its someone else, spending their money, to grow our game. 

But somehow, this isnt a great thing or something to be get the blood pumping, its a race to be the most cynical. As if there is some prize for declaring an expansion club a failure first, or that they have provided some great, cutting insight by guessing it wont work first. 

But meh, the only people missing out because of that attitude is them. Next year i get to go see my club in Toronto!

It was beyond me too when I got involved by starting my own club, a long time ago. I understand it now. They loath your happiness, your can-do attitude, your confidence in our games appeal to newcomers, your proposed solutions to problems that have confounded them for decades, your energy, your spark, your sense of life.

Your joy highlights their own misery. Their own lack of ingenuity, their mediocrity, their poverty of spirit. You and people like you raise deep seated envy to the surface and faced with the alternative of acknowledging your capabilities and trying to match them, or copping-out, they chose the ''easy'' option and try to deride you out of existence.

You can take comfort, from the fact that the more they attack you, the more certain you can be, that you are doing something right.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

It is beyond me, why any RL fan, would be anything but excited by these developments. 

But somehow, this isnt a great thing or something to be get the blood pumping, its a race to be the most cynical. As if there is some prize for declaring an expansion club a failure first, or that they have provided some great, cutting insight by guessing it wont work first. 

But meh, the only people missing out because of that attitude is them. Next year i get to go see my club in Toronto!

It was beyond me too when I got involved by starting my own club, a long time ago. I understand it now. They loath your happiness, your can-do attitude, your confidence in our games appeal to newcomers, your proposed solutions to problems that have confounded them for decades, your energy, your spark, your sense of life.

Your joy highlights their own misery. Their own lack of ingenuity, their mediocrity, their poverty of spirit. You and people like you raise deep seated envy to the surface and faced with the alternative of acknowledging your capabilities and trying to match them, or copping-out, they chose the ''easy'' option and try to deride you out of existence.

You can take comfort, from the fact that the more they attack you, the more certain you can be, that you are doing something right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Haha 2

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yeah you’d definitely want these teams that don’t exist in ahead of wigan and Saints. 

it wasnt an exhaustive list buddy.

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Make believe clubs = make believe crowds. We could have 80,000 at Wembley each year with these imaginary clubs. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Make believe clubs = make believe crowds. We could have 80,000 at Wembley each year with these imaginary clubs. 

Are you still going to make your joke now Valencia didnt propose an alliterative name?

Edited by scotchy1

Just now, scotchy1 said:

Are you still going to make your joke now Valencia didnt propose an alliterative name?

What joke’s that? Creating teams that don’t exist? You’re the expert. Why did you pick Amsterdam and not Rotterdam? 

Just now, Oliver Clothesoff said:

What joke’s that? 

You know, the same one you always make. 

I was looking forward to it, its achieved a kind of Stewart Lee-esq repetitive charm. 

C'mon, there are loads. Benidorm Bulls, Zaragoza Zebras, Malaga Mules, Madrid Monsters, Bilbao Bombers, La Caruna Lions, Sevilla Snakes...

9 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

I was looking forward to it, its achieved a kind of Stewart Lee-esq repetitive charm. 

C'mon, there are loads. Benidorm Bulls, Zaragoza Zebras, Malaga Mules, Madrid Monsters, Bilbao Bombers, La Caruna Lions, Sevilla Snakes...

You’re the expert at making up clubs. Five of The Make Believe Bowl competition you’ve suggested don’t exist. 

5 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You’re the expert at making up clubs. Five of The Make Believe Bowl competition you’ve suggested don’t exist. 

Booooooo!

Do the classics, your new stuff is rubbish. 

1 minute ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I leave the comedy to you. 

Amsterdam and Valencia for the Grand Final in 2020, Scratchy! 

Such a shame 

21 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

The Seville Oranges surely?

• Haha 1