Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
scotchy1

Valencia

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Do you mean get elite 1 players in for that game only, on loan effectively? If they’re playing in the local Valencian league next season I can’t see many Elite 1 players joining them to play in that?  

Looks like when you buy a shirt you get one share in the club too, albeit 0.001% https://valenciahuracanes.com/dir/?p=4922

I meant in general going forward but it is a good point that they won't be able to attract Elite 1 players starting in the Spanish leagues.

Maybe a few of the Spanish national players could be tempted across if they get the green light for League 1. It would be interesting to see what their plan is to avoid Featherstone putting 80+ on them in their first game, not exactly a start to market themselves on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

What?!

Can’t see where the money or players come from to make Valencia a viable, non-West Wales type League 1 effort.

Good to see plans for a domestic league tho.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Update on what?

I don't recall any actual news on the cancellation of the Saints , Salford game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Can’t see where the money or players come from to make Valencia a viable, non-West Wales type League 1 effort.

Good to see plans for a domestic league tho.

Why should the people behind it have to justify or explain potential funding to people on an Internet forum?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it would seem that they have only one sponsor which is the company of the person at the origin of this project. It seems a little light to be serious ..

I find  amazing to see that the media make a lot of noise around this kind of project and does not help the real clubs which work discreetly and in particular our championship of France.

Edited by fcl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fcl said:

it would seem that they have only one sponsor which is the company of the person at the origin of this project. It seems a little light to be serious ..

I find  amazing to see that the media make a lot of noise around this kind of project and does not help the real clubs which work discreetly and in particular our championship of France.

How does media coverage of this adversely affect clubs in France? I doubt that article even has a noticeable impact on the work in Valencia.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, fcl said:

it would seem that they have only one sponsor which is the company of the person at the origin of this project. It seems a little light to be serious ..

I find  amazing to see that the media make a lot of noise around this kind of project and does not help the real clubs which work discreetly and in particular our championship of France.

Maybe they should work a little less 'discreetly' if they want media attention

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cowardly Fan said:

How does media coverage of this adversely affect clubs in France? I doubt that article even has a noticeable impact on the work in Valencia.

to pretend that it is possible to build a competitive club starting from nothing outside the traditional areas is to pass our old laborious clubs for and the people who take care of it for years for incompetent people.

I would like journalists to do their job and rather than promote these obscure projects without investigating, tell us who are the people who are behind them? with what financial means? which economic model? I don’t think Rick Wilby, Eric Perez ou Dean Buchan have the capacity alone to carry out the projects.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fcl said:

to pretend that it is possible to build a competitive club starting from nothing outside the traditional areas is to pass our old laborious clubs for and the people who take care of it for years for incompetent people.

I would like journalists to do their job and rather than promote these obscure projects without investigating, tell us who are the people who are behind them? with what financial means? which economic model? I don’t think Rick Wilby, Eric Perez ou Dean Buchan have the capacity alone to carry out the projects.

 

I suppose those are the details they've been submitting to the RFL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see that Fev are spending a bit of time over there promoting the game. Not sure how well the Spanish kids would understand Marchy's accent though! 

 

  • Like 6

Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2020 at 16:34, Eddie said:

Why should the people behind it have to justify or explain potential funding to people on an Internet forum?

This is the internet forum of record!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/10/2019 at 13:20, GUBRATS said:

Oh I don't know , last time I was in LLoret in Jan I spotted a fellow Leigh fan wearing a sombrero,Trainers and a thong walking down the main Street.

And what did the bloke she was with have on?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"After recently signing professional contracts with the club, Luis Roberts and Connor Aspey will be joined by Salford Red Devils Foundation community coach and development academy graduate Sam Bardsley, who currently plays at senior level for local club Folly Lane.


Salford Red Devils director of rugby and operations Ian Blease said: “This forms an important part of our developing relationship with the growing rugby league community in Valencia.


“It’s our responsibility as Betfred Super League Grand Finalists in 2019, to harness our influence for the benefit of the sport as a whole.


“The presence of our talented youngsters, alongside reserve team head coach Danny Barton, will allow them to act as ambassadors, in addition to furthering their own development.


“While this is a symbol of our continued efforts to assist in strengthening the game on a global scale, it also emphasises the level of opportunities on offer to local talent, through the introduction of our reserves structure.”
 SRD website

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“I would!”     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Nice to see that Fev are spending a bit of time over there promoting the game. Not sure how well the Spanish kids would understand Marchy's accent though! 

 

Excellent 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find this opposition to be dangerous. these players are just an amateur level ....

  • Like 1

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fcl said:

I find this opposition to be dangerous. these players are just an amateur level ....

Amateur clubs can play pro clubs in challenge cup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...