Samurais on the rise in Japan

On 26/10/2019 at 09:15, RayCee said:

I recall Max Mannix a few decades ago trying to get the game going there.

At one point, I think there were three organisations claiming to be Japan RL and, naturally, none of them were on speaking terms with each other.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 27/10/2019 at 20:28, Futtocks said:

At one point, I think there were three organisations claiming to be Japan RL and, naturally, none of them were on speaking terms with each other.

Why is it that in many countries where RL has/is gaining traction we seem to have competing bodies wanting to run the game?

Is it because the organisers of these competing bodies are so enamoured with our game that they will fight over it ..... not to sure about that.

Or is it because there is a conspiracy ....... think about it.  RU has tried to strangle RL for over 120 years but has failed to kill us off except in half a dozen countries.  So I suggest that RU are taking a more subtle approach to stop RL spreading by covertly establishing - at a very long arms length - alternative RL bodies in countries new to our game.  These competing bodies then lead to a deep fracturing within the game and interest is lost.

If X-Files is making a comeback I might send this plot to them ?

3 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Why is it that in many countries where RL has/is gaining traction we seem to have competing bodies wanting to run the game?

Is it because the organisers of these competing bodies are so enamoured with our game that they will fight over it ..... not to sure about that.

Or is it because there is a conspiracy ....... think about it.  RU has tried to strangle RL for over 120 years but has failed to kill us off except in half a dozen countries.  So I suggest that RU are taking a more subtle approach to stop RL spreading by covertly establishing - at a very long arms length - alternative RL bodies in countries new to our game.  These competing bodies then lead to a deep fracturing within the game and interest is lost.

If X-Files is making a comeback I might send this plot to them ?

Rugby League's very origin is based in dissatisfaction and schism. Seems like we have a lot of traditionalists in the game. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived