Fans’ Forum

Crown Flatter

9 hours ago, NickD said:

Who’s he gunna cheer for when we meet in the league games I wonder?

This will be your chance to ask him, I guess. I will also be interested in the answer.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

This will be your chance to ask him, I guess. I will also be interested in the answer.

Please ask for me BSJ.  I am overseas so won’t make the forum. 

On 26/10/2019 at 21:30, NickD said:

Please ask for me BSJ.  I am overseas so won’t make the forum. 

MS pre-empted the question Nick by declaring early on, in his introduction, that he wants Dewsbury to beat Bradford EVERY time that they play - no question, no ifs and buts. Enjoy Anglesey.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

MS pre-empted the question Nick by declaring early on, in his introduction, that he wants Dewsbury to beat Bradford EVERY time that they play - no question, no ifs and buts. Enjoy Anglesey.

Did Mark mention any other things that are happening at the club? 

10 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

He would do. It's less winning pay to pay out. 

22 hours ago, Lupset Ram said:

Did Mark mention any other things that are happening at the club? 

Yes, many things.

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 22:27, Crown Flatter said:

There is to be a Fans’ Forum next Wednesday, details below:

https://dewsburyrams.co.uk/2019/10/24/rams-fans-for

Wonder if our Chairman’s entry will be accompanied by

Would I Lie to You” by Charles and Eddie?

Charles and Eddie - a very popular Threequarter pairing in the '90's?

14 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

So who are the various chairmen who've owned 24.99% of another club?

Nobody asked the question LTS. Do you know the answer?

10 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Nobody asked the question LTS. Do you know the answer?

No I don't but according to the report on the Rams' website

Rams Chairman Mark Sawyer started the evening off with details of his involvement at Bradford Bulls. Mark confirmed his shareholding in the Bulls, which is 24.99% which is the allowed limit set by the RFL where by someone can have shares in another club. 

Mark gave a few examples where this has happened in the past and so it isn’t a new situation.

9 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

No I don't but according to the report on the Rams' website

Rams Chairman Mark Sawyer started the evening off with details of his involvement at Bradford Bulls. Mark confirmed his shareholding in the Bulls, which is 24.99% which is the allowed limit set by the RFL where by someone can have shares in another club. 

Mark gave a few examples where this has happened in the past and so it isn’t a new situation.

The specific example that I do recall is of Leneghan holding major shareholdings in London and Wigan at the same time. I can't remember any others being cited.

17 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

So one example from 12 years ago. Not quite as common an occurrence as implied by the write up then?

What is your point LTS?

You really seem to have an issue with MS and Bradford.

Q - Is 24.99% of bulls is a bigger commitment than 100% of Dewsbury?

A - 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

What is your point LTS?

You really seem to have an issue with MS and Bradford.

Not an issue with MS, but the whole thing has a whiff about it where rules seem to be ignored, statements contradict and things in general don't add up. If it were another chairman and club, not MS and Dewsbury, you'd be asking the same questions!!

14 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Not an issue with MS, but the whole thing has a whiff about it where rules seem to be ignored, statements contradict and things in general don't add up. If it were another chairman and club, not MS and Dewsbury, you'd be asking the same questions!!

The same was asked of MC involvement at York...

Maybe it's a Mark thing, and you need to get yourselves a Kevin in charge? ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It is our Chairman’s 24.99% investment in shares of the Bradford club and we supporters’ quandaries about that investment which brought about the Fans’ Forum. 

Does that answer your point, or if not, what will?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

7 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Q - Is 24.99% of bulls is a bigger commitment than 100% of Dewsbury?

A - 

Not if you understand maths, no. If you prefer fantasies then make up your own answers.

In addition MS doesn't hold 100% of the shares in DRLFC, just as KN doesn't in BRLFC.

3 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

OK, but it might help if you asked the questions of those who know the answers. We simply know what we hear at forums and continue to have implicit trust in MS to act in the best interests of Dewsbury. This might not be enough for you but, for now, it is all that Rams fans ask.

Archived