Haven sign Jamie thackeray

Bearintown

5 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Can see Coward and Thackeray as back ups like you say, I know 1 PNG signing, not so sure about the other, and your right about the amateur signing for haven ? few amateur lads were ready to sign for town but after Rooney's U turn I believe they've changed their mind.

Also heard town could be signing one of our better players not gonna name him as I hope it's not true

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, gillmeister said:

Thacks was immense for us so I’m loathe to talk the lad down but it’s a strange signing by Haven given his form of the last couple of seasons

Indeed , bit of banter but I liked him . He gave us something we didn’t have , got the offload going ( even when no one was ready for it ) and got stuck in . Liked a chat with the ref as well , but if he feels he’s up for it and loves it then good on him . It’s more from havens side that the question marks arise . That’s one very very hard brutal league week in week out . Look what Barra had and they sank without trace . What York did was incredible really 

3 hours ago, Townie987 said:

Haven spent a year ramming the localness of the squad down everybody’s throat and as soon as they get promoted  3 locals get binned and they bring in a 40 year old traveller. Haven fans must be gutted,

They haven't really been binned, it's been public knowledge that Thompson and Maudling were both leaving to go back to amateur for a while now, which has been their choice and Mcgoff has retired...

9 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

They haven't really been binned, it's been public knowledge that Thompson and Maudling were both leaving to go back to amateur for a while now, which has been their choice and Mcgoff has retired...

Only through lack of opportunity 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

4 hours ago, donald said:

Also heard town could be signing one of our better players not gonna name him as I hope it's not true

I believe the only haven player who they want to keep who hasnt re-signed yet is Jordan Burns who isnt happy with the offer he has received.

I'd love to have Burns at town but cant see it happening to be honest, no doubt he will have talks with town to make haven give him the offer he wants, like all locals have done for years

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Incorrect. Both played this season, and although limited, both realised they would struggle for game time at champ level 

They both struggled for game time in League one. Even without promotion Tomposh at least would have left in his words Charlo wants Big forwards and that’s not me 

6 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

They both struggled for game time in League one. Even without promotion Tomposh at least would have left in his words Charlo wants Big forwards and that’s not me 

Big forwards then why sign a very small thackery marra make no sense 

On 26/10/2019 at 13:25, Carlisle1921 said:

They have had to pay the final payment of a loan back which has left them with no money for signing on fees until they get their money off the RFL, once thats been paid im sure they will make some better signings than Jamie Thackray!

To plug the gap they have been begging an ex town director to put some  money in.

I’ve also heard this regarding the ex town director

Asked him to join the board But we all know what that means 

i think Jamie would do ok in League 1 not so sure in championship but time will tell 

15 minutes ago, Newtothis said:

I’ve also heard this regarding the ex town director

Asked him to join the board But we all know what that means 

i think Jamie would do ok in League 1 not so sure in championship but time will tell 

Believe me I don't think most haven fans are doing cartwheels over this signing i can only assume he's at haven for experience and cant see him playing much 

9 hours ago, donald said:

Kris is signing back for haven next year need 7 or 8 props in championsip him and Thackeray will be back up behind Kelly shacks Riley and walker think we'll still need another couple to go with them. 2 more PNG players coming over know one name not sure of the other . And one big amateur signing to be confirmed shortly

9 hours ago, havenhater said:

Dixon?

Karl has had talks with both clubs, 

7 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

All his costing is match payments if he plays so just a squad player.

Not so long ago You said something along the lines of you will all be suprised at the quality  coming to haven if they go up. Have they not signed yet marra?

43 minutes ago, town4me said:

Question is though is amatuer to championship level too big a jump.

It's a big jump no doubt, but if introduced slowly and used in the right way then the long term benefits will far outweigh short term frustrations.

Patience from the player and fans is key 

4 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Big forwards then why sign a very small thackery marra make no sense 

Experience? Your other props all give you size Thacks is someone who can pass on knowledge as a former GB international 

Archived