Rabbiohs board told that Sam Burgess needs to retire

6 hours ago, Themusician_2 said:

Our only star too thanks for everything Sam

6 hours ago, Boomer Bang Wool said:

Regardless of whatever happens, he’s been an amazing servant to the game. He’ll be missed in the NRL 

4 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Sad news for Sam, his family, South Sydney, the NRL, and British rugby league.

25 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Deserves a mention in the next Queen's honours for services to the game.

The link wasn't working before, but it is now

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/rabbitohs-board-to-be-told-sam-burgess-needs-to-retire-20191026-p534jm.html

3 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Also mentions that it doesn’t look like NRL is going to expand the number of teams

The NRL leadership is blinkered. There should be at minimum 18 teams in the NRL, with a second Brisbane team and Perth crying out for registration. Why they don't want 18 teams, when the hot rival the AFL has 18 teams, is beyond me. Moreover, there really ought to be 20 NRL teams in the longer term, with Wellington NZ, and Adelaide, the desirable locations for two more franchises.

But we must remember that historically rugby league has been run by people with little long term vision in both Australia and the UK. Except that now the English seem to have accepted the logic, initiated by a marketing genius in Canada, of expansion into North America, which is a major step forward. So for the time being it seems that the English are much less blinkered than the Australians.

7 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

To me it looks like the NRL lack the confidence to expand or even put another club in Brisbane, or even a new one in Perth. Very disappointing.

San Francisco would be the obvious place, surely?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The title of the thread is 'Rabbiohs board told that Sam Burgess needs to retire' while the title and focus of the story is 'Rabbitohs board to be told that Sam Burgess needs to retire'.

Quite a bit of the difference in those two as the latter is speculation about what may happen in the future. Of course it may happen but I would prefer to wait.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

looks like his marriage has hit the rocks too, must say his shoulder doesn't seem to be giving him too many problems in the latest pictures of him partying on a yacht with that girl sat on them!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7617521/NRL-star-Sam-Burgess-goes-shirtless-leopard-print-sarong-parties-yacht-Mexico.html

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I always think stories like that say more about the papers that print them . Total $hit stirring  stuff 

yer true, although her dad does have a restraining order on him!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

yer true, although her dad does have a restraining order on him!

Yeh I read that . Seemed like no more than a , err , heated discussion ... but I wouldn’t want an angry sam burgess on my tail either ! Either way I hope things work out well for him , he sure has put everything in and been a great ambassador for our game and our country on the paddock in the highest level of the game down there . He not only stood up , he dominated and got ultimate respect off the Aussies which few get

Archived