A conspiracy theory ... The Rambulls!!

the old nine ole

Well its the off season and always a good time for the conspiracy theories!! I was reflecting on the relative strengths and weaknesses of the Rams and the Bulls!

The Rams are well managed, financially stable with a decent ground that they own and maintain ..... but no fan base to develop!

The Bulls are badly managed,  financially unstable with no ground...... but a massive fan base!!

In the business world its a no brainer the relative strengths and weaknesses and potential synergies would suggest some sort of merger would be good for business!

So a conversation might be how do we maximise the opportunity?  

Well lets play both teams  at Dewsbury for a couple of seasons and see how many fans we can attract from Bradford, after all  many Bulls fans will live in the Odsal, Low Moor and Cleckheaton areas with the 606 and the 62 giving easy and quick access to Owl Lane .... might be worth a punt!  lets give it a go and also muddy the ownership situation so that the stability of the Rams ownership could endear itself to the Bulls Faithful ... who have been badly treated for years! ... So we have 2 clubs playing out of the same ground with integrated ownership .... after a couple of years we might be able to form a new club dropping the Dewsbury and Bradford tags and create a franchise called the Rambulls!!  .... very 2021 ready and would undoubtedly be a SL contender! 

Maybe we could also get the owners of the Top House to buy the Barracks ... sorry Royal Oak! 

Well if I was a business consultant!!!    I think I might make this pitch to the respective owners of these 2 clubs where the strengths and weaknesses of both clubs could be consolidated and a sustainable and successful club developed ..... who knows if it works perhaps a brand new stadium share with Cleckheaton RUFC ... great location and lots of available land to build on!!  ... and even more synergies!

But of course these are just the musings of a fan missing his Sunday afternoon fix!  Roll on the new season!! 

I'm a bit surprised you haven't advertised some sort of deal for rams season ticket holders to get in for free/heavily discounted to Bulls games, except when you play them away. 

This might increase season ticket sales, especially for supporters who do not like travelling to away games as it will offer better value for money.

Maybe even reciprocate the offer for the same reasons, to the bulls fans.

Even if you only offered it, when you both play London and Whitehaven away, it is surely worth a punt?

4 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Well its the off season and always a good time for the conspiracy theories!! I was reflecting on the relative strengths and weaknesses of the Rams and the Bulls!

The Rams are well managed, financially stable with a decent ground that they own and maintain ..... but no fan base to develop!

The Bulls are badly managed,  financially unstable with no ground...... but a massive fan base!!

In the business world its a no brainer the relative strengths and weaknesses and potential synergies would suggest some sort of merger would be good for business!

Well lets play both teams  at Dewsbury for a couple of seasons and see how many fans we can attract from Bradford, after all  many Bulls fans will live in the Odsal, Low Moor and Cleckheaton areas with the 606 and the 62 giving easy and quick access to Owl Lane .... might be worth a punt!  lets give it a go and also muddy the ownership situation so that the stability of the Rams ownership could endear itself to the Bulls Faithful ... who have been badly treated for years! ... So we have 2 clubs playing out of the same ground with integrated ownership .... after a couple of years we might be able to form a new club dropping the Dewsbury and Bradford tags and create a franchise called the Rambulls!!  .... very 2021 ready and would undoubtedly be a SL contender! 

Maybe we could also get the owners of the Top House to buy the Barracks ... sorry Royal Oak! 

Well if I was a business consultant!!!    I think I might make this pitch to the respective owners of these 2 clubs where the strengths and weaknesses of both clubs could be consolidated and a sustainable and successful club developed ..... who knows if it works perhaps a brand new stadium share with Cleckheaton RUFC ... great location and lots of available land to build on!!  ... and even more synergies!

But of course these are just the musings of a fan missing his Sunday afternoon fix!  Roll on the new season!! 

Should the Bulls have a really good season, and even gain promotion, they may attract back a fair number of their potential 12k fan base in 2021, and that might just be a problem. The CRUFC groundshare idea is a good one, but let's face it, if the fans have difficulty finding Owl Lane, they'll really struggle finding Moorend. :kolobok_smile3:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

14 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I'm a bit surprised you haven't advertised some sort of deal for rams season ticket holders to get in for free/heavily discounted to Bulls games, except when you play them away. 

This might increase season ticket sales, especially for supporters who do not like travelling to away games as it will offer better value for money.

Even if you only offered it, when you both play London and Whitehaven away, it is surely worth a punt?

I too had hoped for some sort of deal that allowed us into their games and then into ours for a fiver say.   Think it’s a good idea. Especially as you say when one of us is playing miles away.  

17 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Marginal gains at best I believe, unless the floods of Dogs fans at our home games and the trickle of ours at theirs escaped my attention. Most fans follow their team rather than the sport in general.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

19 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Maybe you need a new hobby TONO.

Can you cite a "merger" that was ever actually that?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived