What Could the England Team Look Like in 2025

No way we will know what the national team make up will be in 6 years time.  There will definitely be players in the team who have not yet made their Super League debuts and even those who have (Tom Holroyd, Jack Welsby etc.) will be established first team players by then.

And then there is current crop of 15 to 17 year olds... the likes of Umyla Hanley will be about 23 by then and definitely in the mix if he can reach his potential.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

13 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

No way we will know what the national team make up will be in 6 years time.  There will definitely be players in the team who have not yet made their Super League debuts and even those who have (Tom Holroyd, Jack Welsby etc.) will be established first team players by then.

And then there is current crop of 15 to 17 year olds... the likes of Umyla Hanley will be about 23 by then and definitely in the mix if he can reach his potential.

It’s just one of those bits of fun to fill columns when there’s not much rugby going on 

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

It’s just one of those bits of fun to fill columns when there’s not much rugby going on 

I definitely like it, I love seeing and discussing how young kids will develop in the game.

I just can't see how 25 year old Joe Burgess (for example) will be first choice for England in 6 years time.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Dunbar said:

I definitely like it, I love seeing and discussing how young kids will develop in the game.

I just can't see how 25 year old Joe Burgess (for example) will be first choice for England in 6 years time.

Indeed , especially when we seem to produce quite a few good young wingers at least 

I like these kind of threads and usually have a clear idea on my future 17...At present, i wouldnt know where to start, we'v so much exceptional talent between the ages of 15 and 22, the best in Quality and Quantity i can remember. All il predict is that we'l have a very good team in 2025.

4 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

The perils of trying to select a team years in advance... this from only two years ago.

Whats so perilous about that? Its having some fun looking  at how you think players are going to progress,  its only perilous if your personality cant handle being wrong.   In the thread you posted, i stated the team would no doubt be a fair bit different.

1 hour ago, rhinos78 said:

Whats so perilous about that? Its having some fun looking  at how you think players are going to progress,  its only perilous if your personality cant handle being wrong.   In the thread you posted, i stated the team would no doubt be a fair bit different.

Hey, I wasn't having a pop. There are a few names on that thread who haven't kicked on as expected/hoped.

If we expect another Sam Tomkins, Sam Burgess or Kyle Eastmond to come into the international scene at 19/20 years of age then that means they are currently a out 14 years old.

The 2025 team will be nowhere near the one listed at the beginning of this thread.

4 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Clarke is still only 26yrs old. But what other young hookers are coming through the system? Aaron Smith at Saints is a good young player but who else is coming through currently?

Corey Johnson at Leeds is the one tipped for big things, made his debut against Warrington in the last game of last season.

Archived