2 Nov: Oceania Cup: Samoa v Fiji KO 1.20am (UK Time)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Samoa
    • Fiji

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/19 at 01:20

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Boomer Bang Wool said:

Fair point

I get what you mean though, they don't have that hype like Tonga do. If they had a game breaking forward etc, they might get a bit more attention. No short supply of wingers however!

39 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Matt Parish has a pretty poor record as Samoa coach. That squad is too talented to get hammered like that.

Samoa have always flattered to deceive. 

I love watching Fiji play, it's joyous. For my money, Fiji have more potential than Tonga. They produce their own players, have an established and steadily growing club and schools game, plus a much bigger population and economy, and the new NSW Cup team should see them push on even more.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

3 hours ago, Boomer Bang Wool said:

Fiji could be the next Tonga

Arguably just as strong on paper with their best team. Since the 17 WC Tonga have been the golden boys even though Fiji got just as far and beat NZ as well.

Fiji have a bigger future in my opinion especially with the NSW Cup team coming.

6 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

What’s the latest with the Fijian team looking to enter the NSWCup?

Confirmed for Ron Massey Cup next season with the eye on promotion to NSW Cup the year after.

Search Kaiviti Silktails it has some info, articles. They have a website that says "website launch in 0 days, 0 hours & 0 minutes".

13 hours ago, Scubby said:

Matt Parish has a pretty poor record as Samoa coach. That squad is too talented to get hammered like that.

Samoa should have changed coaches years ago. Every end of season tournament is the same with players looking out of shape and performing poorly. Samoa should have performed much better than they have, with the players at their disposal, over the last 5 years or so.

On 02/11/2019 at 02:29, Abicus said:

I get what you mean though, they don't have that hype like Tonga do. If they had a game breaking forward etc, they might get a bit more attention. No short supply of wingers however!

Kikau is a game breaking forward to be fair but I get what you mean. 

Did Wakeham go well in the halves? He could be a big potential player for the future for them

Just watching this for the first time. Normally, I could have managed three RL games in a day, but the Tonga result was worth wallowing in. :kolobok_cool:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived