2 Nov: Tonga International XIII v Australia KO 6.40am (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Tonga International XIII
    • Australia

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/19 at 06:40

Australia to have too much shape and discipline. They'll contain the damaging opposition runners and take almost every opportunity that arises. As usual.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just looking at the two teams.  The Tongans have Tevita Pangai Junior, Joe Ofahengaue and Kotoni Staggs on the reserve bench outside of the 17.  That is some real depth.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Tonga are in this.

I think the appointment of a ref will be a big deal. If an English ref, Tonga's chances improve. If an Australian ref, it'll be played to very much a 'NRL way' and that will preference Australia.

Tonga need to take every chance offered to them, and pressure the Australians into mistakes.

If you rewatch last year's match, Tonga held their own for first 20ish min, but thier cheap mistakes gifted Australia easy tries.

This will be close than most think.

Tonga don't have the creativity to trouble Australia. They might be good for a breakaway try or freak score but I can't see them scoring more than twice. 

Australia will be good for a minimum of 24 point. They will be far too strong for Tonga.

Australia 32 - 6 Tonga

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

25 minutes ago, Abicus said:

Tonga are in this.

I think the appointment of a ref will be a big deal. If an English ref, Tonga's chances improve. If an Australian ref, it'll be played to very much a 'NRL way' and that will preference Australia.

Tonga need to take every chance offered to them, and pressure the Australians into mistakes.

If you rewatch last year's match, Tonga held their own for first 20ish min, but thier cheap mistakes gifted Australia easy tries.

This will be close than most think.

Some may say , not me mind , that sometimes our refs favour the mighty Aussies ...

I don't think this game will blow out to the type of scores that people are predicting - 25/30 points.  The Tongans looked disciplined and energetic in defence against Great Britain and played well through the full 80.

While I expect the Kangaroos to have too much strike power, I think it will be a pretty competitive game.

Wouldn't it be great for the international game for the Tongans to pull off a win here.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Last week was Tonga’s best ever performance in terms of discipline and structure. No reason to think this won’t be the same. And then it comes down to moments of brilliance. The Aussies would win most times, but with more motivation and more fans behind them, I think Taumalolo and co will give us a win for the ages. 

It's always interesting to go down the team lists and see which players you would swap in or out to strengthen a team.

Assuming that the Aussies are the stronger (not controversial I hope), which of the Tongans would you swap in.  I would go for Daniel Tupou who is a better winger (at the moment) than Nick Cotric and Jason Taumalolo who would get into any side in the world.

After that I am struggling which shows the task that the Tongans are up against.... but as EW says above passion and motivation will definitely help.

26 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Taukeiaho

Better than Klemmer or Papalii?

4 hours ago, Dunbar said:

It's always interesting to go down the team lists and see which players you would swap in or out to strengthen a team.

Assuming that the Aussies are the stronger (not controversial I hope), which of the Tongans would you swap in.  I would go for Daniel Tupou who is a better winger (at the moment) than Nick Cotric and Jason Taumalolo who would get into any side in the world.

After that I am struggling which shows the task that the Tongans are up against.... but as EW says above passion and motivation will definitely help.

Addin Fonua Blake would be a good shout. Was top 3 props in the nrl this year.

Tevita Pangai Jr (who didn't play last week) would be very close.

14 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Last week was Tonga’s best ever performance in terms of discipline and structure. No reason to think this won’t be the same. And then it comes down to moments of brilliance. The Aussies would win most times, but with more motivation and more fans behind them, I think Taumalolo and co will give us a win for the ages. 

Would be good for the game but I don’t think so 

Archived