2 Nov: New Zealand v Great Britain KO 4am (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New Zealand by 13 points or more
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 7 to 12 points
    • Great Britain by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/19 at 04:00

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Lomax at fullback no way. Hardaker every day. Time to get rid of Bennett he's brought nothing to this England/ GB squad all the time he's been in charge.

I have seen enough truly awful performances from our national team to recognise what Bennett has brought to the team.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

His problem in Australia was never talent but attitude. He was always touted as a top junior coming through in Australia.

He is currently a much better player than Foran who hasn't been great for a few years now thanks to injury. Everyone gets nostalgic about Benji but he is way past his best whilst SJ flatters to deceive too often these days.

I'd take our halves over theirs any day.

I take onboard what you are saying but stating that presently Hastings is much better player than Foran I consider is a bit of guesswork.

Comparing anything in life has to be subjected to the same conditions to evaluate them properly, both these players being that they operate in a different league creates an imbalance, personally watching both the SL and NRL I am of the conclusion that it is much less demanding and therefore easier for a halfback to perform in the SL, reverse their territory and it may give you a completely different thought process.

23 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Foran has had a handful of good games in the last few years,I'd have Hastings over him any day.

As above Fav, we aren't comparing like for like.

Please be honest, did you know much about Hastings before he came to Salford, he has had a rapid rise in his performance level and standing (winning the MoS after a season and a half) than he earned performing in Aus.

Honestly talking to people over here they make comment that our domestic game must be really lacking if we have need to employ Hastings in one of our key positions, I mentioned his half partner for their thoughts, the feeling is Widdop has earned his reputation as a "top player" and warrants his place.

38 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I take onboard what you are saying but stating that presently Hastings is much better player than Foran I consider is a bit of guesswork.

Comparing anything in life has to be subjected to the same conditions to evaluate them properly, both these players being that they operate in a different league creates an imbalance, personally watching both the SL and NRL I am of the conclusion that it is much less demanding and therefore easier for a halfback to perform in the SL, reverse their territory and it may give you a completely different thought process.

Obviously the NRL is a better comp, no one is arguing that it isn't. It's still possible to compare the two though by looking at how players fair when playing in both comps. Not all NRL players do well when they come to SL and quite a few SL players do well when they go to the NRL.

Foran hasn't been good for years. Hastings wasn't a bad NRL player, he was a bad person. He looks like he's turned himself around and that is showing in his performances on the field. He was pushed in as the Roosters first choice half only a couple of seasons ago. 

I think to suggest that the best player in SL is not as good as a player who is currently probably in the bottom third or quarter of players in the NRL is doing SL a bit of a disservice. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

57 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

As above Fav, we aren't comparing like for like.

Please be honest, did you know much about Hastings before he came to Salford, he has had a rapid rise in his performance level and standing (winning the MoS after a season and a half) than he earned performing in Aus.

Honestly talking to people over here they make comment that our domestic game must be really lacking if we have need to employ Hastings in one of our key positions, I mentioned his half partner for their thoughts, the feeling is Widdop has earned his reputation as a "top player" and warrants his place.

I thought you were comparing halfbacks.

Yes as a Roosters fan I saw some of his 30 odd appearances for them after they beat off a number of NRL clubs for his signature,he was a top prospect who played for the junior Kangeroo's and NSW U20s in his time at the club.

He then played 13 games for Manly before leaving after a well publicised fallout with their golden boy DCE.So in short bags of ability that took a move away for him to put the off field problems of his youth behind him and start fulfilling his full potential.

Are these the same Kiwis who welcomed Nathan Fien with his non existent Kiwi grandmother ?

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Tell that to Tyrone Roberts Harry.

4 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

Foran is going to surprise a lot of you this weekend. When he has actually gotten himself on the field this year he's been outstanding.

He really hasn’t. He’s been ok in a couple of games but outstanding is a stretch. Although I do acknowledge that it is the superlative of choice for all Australians when describing any act that is slightly above average or better.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

4 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

Foran is going to surprise a lot of you this weekend. When he has actually gotten himself on the field this year he's been outstanding.

Is that you...William Shakespeare?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, ghost crayfish said:

What?

"Gotten himself on the field".

Spoken like a true poet.

6 hours ago, ghost crayfish said:

Apologies, didn't realise this was an English lit class

Hang around, you might learn summat. ?

Archived