2 Nov: New Zealand v Great Britain KO 4am (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New Zealand by 13 points or more
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 7 to 12 points
    • Great Britain by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/19 at 04:00

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Northern Eel said:

Positives: Lomax an improvement on Coote, Clarke transformed the attack

It was simple; he immediately gave the ball to the halves allowing them to dictate - not him. Stark contrast to Hodgson. He also had a longer passing game moving the ball slightly wider of the ruck; which is where Hodgson prefers to keep the ball. 

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

It was simple; he immediately gave the ball to the halves allowing them to dictate - not him. Stark contrast to Hodgson. He also had a longer passing game moving the ball slightly wider of the ruck; which is where Hodgson prefers to keep the ball. 

Precisely, Hodgson doesn’t get quick ball away but tends to try run but not direct, we look far better with clark on

I missed what Lomax did that others have commented on.

He was pretty well anonymous in attack.

I am not really a Sam Tomkins fan but he could have offered more in a dire game like this one.

It felt like neither team could break down the defensive line and often had no last tackle ideas so just died with the ball for a handover, that is Junior level  game management IMO for both teams.

gb deserved nothing in that game, nz lost foran early and a late smith withdrawl  should have been enough to swing it, Johnson will be back next week with a point to prove, we need wingers/full backs and centres that can break defences and score tries

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Absolutely spot on. Selection and tactics have been really bad this tour

Because he doesn't watch Super League.

He either picks NRL players or tried and tested internationals. Where he's forced to, he picks SL players on advice from others.

I feel he uses our team to test methods for his NRL club to see what does and doesn't work.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 minute ago, Gibbo said:

I missed what Lomax did that others have commented on.

He was pretty well anonymous in attack.

lomax is not international standard - I mean compare him to rts and Tedesco - theres a gulf of difference.

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

He either picks NRL players or tried and tested internationals. Where he's forced to, he picks SL players on advice from others.

I feel he uses our team to test methods for his NRL club to see what does and doesn't work.

To what degree do you think this is true? I does look that way sometimes, doesn't it?

3 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Really? 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Whatever happens next week there needs to be major changes to both Coaching setup and selections.

Bennetts got to go!

Look for some new blood at Full Back where Nial Evalds has to be a consideration

Hall & McGilvary haven’t done anything wrong but don’t offer any kind of threat anymore, I appreciate the hard yards they make but that should be a bonus not a main attribute.

Makinson (obviously) and maybe a fit Tom Johnstone. At least we’d have threatening pace and proven finishers

Hardaker isn’t an international centre and Conner is a half or nothing at Test level.

Percival has to play and a fit Gildart with him

Half Back is a real issue, we just don’t have any other than Williams. Here’s a challenge, name a home produced half back who has nailed down a starting place in the SL (other than Williams)?

Graham isn’t the force he was, maybe this should be his swan song. Hill has been OK but is also past his best. George & Tom are still effective. Luke Thompson is the future  & Walmsley has some mileage left in him. Watts could come in but I’m not sure about any others.

Clarke needs to replace Hodgeson 

Bateman & Whitehead are still at the top of the game but outside those two we are a bit skinny. Greenwood, McMeekin, Ashurst, Curry

O’Loughlins done so we need to look for a replacement if we don’t want to play a 3rd prop at Loose 

BIG rebuilding job to do.

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I tend to agree. We are so dull in attack it hurts and how anyone could agree to a selection policy of only 2 wingers who are really just 2 of the same type and not take advantage of this being GB to select Grace for example is beyond me. We are completely lacking in pace. 

We also seem to play every statistic bar the one that matters.

Just now, Northern Eel said:

Less so than the halves. He made plenty of runs at the line, rather than play the ball around 5m from contact. 

On 2-3 occasions, he released the outside man with lovely cut out balls as well. He creates space for others; harder today due to the slow ball but when he had the chance, he did that.

9 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Sorry, what has this result got anything to do with whether GB was a good idea or not?

It's not specifically about this result. 

Now Tonga and NZ have won two games that mean FA.

new rise.jpg

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

On 2-3 occasions, he released the outside man with lovely cut out balls as well. He creates space for others; harder today due to the slow ball but when he had the chance, he did that.

Plus he wasn't exactly played into great position when passed too.

Clarke is an impact player not 80min test player, when hall took the intercept there was as much chance of him going the length of the pitch as me watching the ru later, sad times we don't have an offiah, Sullivan or des drummond to snap up chances like that anymore.

Yes Kiwis deserved that hard fought win! Well done. Kenny Brommich really stood up today went from being a guy i thought was lucky to be the squad to being close to kiwis best forward.

GB had good structure and low errors but lack creative spark on attack and didnt have much to offer on last tackle on attack!

I thought the English ref and Kiwi video ref were pretty good today but IRL seriously need refs from countires not involved.

Archived