2 Nov: New Zealand v Great Britain KO 4am (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New Zealand by 13 points or more
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 7 to 12 points
    • Great Britain by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/19 at 04:00

That was pretty ordinary. Terrible kicking game again, in fact non existent. Awful last play decisions and dying with the ball. No creativity or promotion of the football until the last 15 minutes when we were forced to and we looked half decent when we did.

The kiwis were there for the taking but we couldn't take advantage.awful tour so far and all the optimism around our international team has been drained away.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was awful. What on earth was going on with the last tackle plays! Kick the bloody ball and try to get a repeat set. I think Clarke has to start the next game, Hodgson slows everything down. Really could have done with taking some extra wingers as we have no speed out wide.

Just finished watching it so haven't read all this thread. We have a pack that puts us on the front foot, not really dominating but taking us forward, then nothing.

We seem to have cured the blowing up after 60 minutes and conceding 20 points, but surely we have to have a bit more attacking ability than was shown today.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

We can blame Bennett all we want but until Superleague clubs stop filling their pivotal/creative positions with average Southern Hemisphere players we will never consistantly beat the best international teams,a good pack can only take you so far.

Well Hastings is current man of steel and Williams is in the squad, as is Truman.

I've not seen the game, but once again there is little in it and in internationals you would not expect there to be. We need to make sure we win the 1 or 2 percent plays that make the difference.  

God that was terrible, Bennett has got us playing tedious, negative percentage rugby and I'm sick of it. Our players aren't suited to it so why force it on them? If he's such a sooper dooper genius coach then why is he coming across as a one trick pony? 

Oh and if Hodgson runs (ambles) from acting half straight at 3 defenders when we have an overlap next time we play I'm flying over to slap him in the knackers. 

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Need convincing McGillvary and Hall aren’t done at this level. 

Haven't watched the game as yet but what exactly have they done wrong ? People were moaning about Hall last week but he made more metres than anyone else. Looking at these pages it's Hodgson and Widdop that's the problem.

To be honest the only positive about us touring as GB is that at least to the wider sporting world it’s not England playing rubbish, Then England RL brand has picked up some momentum so at least it’s not ‘them’ losing. I understand to us RL fans it’s the same team but as I say to the wider sporting public it isn’t 

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Haven't watched the game as yet but what exactly have they done wrong ? People were moaning about Hall last week but he made more metres than anyone else. Looking at these pages it's Hodgson and Widdop that's the problem.

McGillvary bombed 2 tries and these days Hall turns slower than a oil tanker 

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

McGillvary bombed 2 tries and these days Hall turns slower than a oil tanker 

Ah right. I think it's unfortunate that Makinson, Manfredi and Johnstone are injured because Hall and McGillivray wouldn't have been there in the first place. You have to go with youth and speed now.

5 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

No, i think its plausible, but Widdop will go fullback and Lomax prob center with Hardaker wing.  

(or Coote on wing?)

Widdop needs to be dropped,bring Williams into the halves to partner Hastings,Coote onto the wing for Hall as we've no one else.

All our politicians have said much dafter things this week.

its a good suggestion. We have no creativity in form of cut out passes, kicking etc from loose forward since SOL finished. Williams can kick, pass and tackle....he just can't organise....that's what Widdop is there for.

12 minutes ago, Wirral Warrior said:

All our politicians have said much dafter things this week.

its a good suggestion. We have no creativity in form of cut out passes, kicking etc from loose forward since SOL finished. Williams can kick, pass and tackle....he just can't organise....that's what Widdop is there for.

While I agree that we've lost a lot from O'Loughlin not being good enough to make the squad this year but I'm not sure just sticking a half at lock is the answer. We used to try that with Sinfield as a ball playing 13 but it just meant we lacked a forward with a good carry. To be an effective ball playing 13 you need the size to make strong carries as that's what attracts defenders and creates the space. Williams likes to run laterally looking for space which is not what you want a ball playing 13 to do.

Watched it later.

Mixed thoughts. Bennett took us the closest weve been in a generation, but today was awful at times. Too slow and ponderous.

A refresh needs to happen but ive not got a clue when England or GB are playing next. Theres a world cup 2 years away! 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

4 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Whatever happens next week there needs to be major changes to both Coaching setup and selections.

Bennetts got to go!

Look for some new blood at Full Back where Nial Evalds has to be a consideration

Hall & McGilvary haven’t done anything wrong but don’t offer any kind of threat anymore, I appreciate the hard yards they make but that should be a bonus not a main attribute.

Makinson (obviously) and maybe a fit Tom Johnstone. At least we’d have threatening pace and proven finishers

Hardaker isn’t an international centre and Conner is a half or nothing at Test level.

Percival has to play and a fit Gildart with him

Half Back is a real issue, we just don’t have any other than Williams. Here’s a challenge, name a home produced half back who has nailed down a starting place in the SL (other than Williams)?

Graham isn’t the force he was, maybe this should be his swan song. Hill has been OK but is also past his best. George & Tom are still effective. Luke Thompson is the future  & Walmsley has some mileage left in him. Watts could come in but I’m not sure about any others.

Clarke needs to replace Hodgeson 

Bateman & Whitehead are still at the top of the game but outside those two we are a bit skinny. Greenwood, McMeekin, Ashurst, Curry

O’Loughlins done so we need to look for a replacement if we don’t want to play a 3rd prop at Loose 

BIG rebuilding job to do.

Agree with a lot of that. Yet 2 years out from a world cup in a tour with not much actually on the line you're still using players like Graham, Hill, Hall, McGillvray etc. Graham I can understand as a probable swan-song but the other 3 and probably a few more have had their time.

We need to weed out these negative Aussie coaches from our game. This is meant to be entertainment and if we go down this percentages route any more we will be turning off more and more people.

I may not even bother watching the last couple.

I have no issues with losing, I'm not a win at all costs kind of guy. This is the entertainments business. 

Boring, boring, boring.

4 hours ago, Scubby said:

About 5 minutes from the end, he went down and put his hand straight up. Then hobbled off the field and didn't finish the game.

Be a sad way to end his international career, been a tremendous servant for England. Today showed that whilst he still has the desire, he has lost his pace. With a bit more luck he could have ensured England appeared in the last two World Cup finals and secured a famous win against Australia in the Four Nations. 

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

Archived