2 Nov: New Zealand v Great Britain KO 4am (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New Zealand by 13 points or more
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 7 to 12 points
    • Great Britain by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/19 at 04:00

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MatthewWoody said:

Plus, it was the Kangaroo test with that no try decision against Hall? 

A Sutton Special, where down means up. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A dire performance from GB. This is not a great Kiwis team. Widdop's attacking kicking game seemed to consist mostly of grubbers that traveled three metres. Was the first kick that landed in the in-goal and forced a repeat set not until 65 minutes? Forward pack is decent and lays a platform for backs who have no creativity whatsoever. 

Just now, eal said:

A dire performance from GB. This is not a great Kiwis team. Widdop's attacking kicking game seemed to consist mostly of grubbers that traveled three metres. Was the first kick that landed in the in-goal and forced a repeat set not until 65 minutes? Forward pack is decent and lays a platform for backs who have no creativity whatsoever. 

I'm afraid you're right ?

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

15 minutes ago, eal said:

Widdop was very poor today. In his England career he has been very rocks and diamonds.

5 predictable drive's and a nothing kick, plenty of ticks on the stats sheets and Wayne thought we played well and were competitive because we don't make errors like before he came on the scene.

I wasn't surprised by the result or performance, I thought we were likely to lose all 4 tests, the PNG game maybe the only one we might win but with the squad selected with it's lack of cover in certain positions that's looking doubtful.

Let's be honest it was dire, clueless and inept, the Kiwis weren't  much better but did show some spark and ability (mainly RTS)  yet GB had player's out there who we know are better than that, all this talk about our wonderful pack is frankly rubbish, gone are Burgess and O'Loughlin, Graham and Hill are past their prime which leaves a couple of lightweight second rows and some props who are injury and mistake prone.

It's a good job I watched the Tonga V Australia game afterwards to see just how good the game can be when teams try to create chances, kick well, take the ball up with intent and take risks that sometimes don't come off.

I reckon Wayne and a number of other coaches thought it was a terrible game.?

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Widdop was very poor today. In his England career he has been very rocks and diamonds.

There have been very few diamonds. But his place is safe and the likes of Williams, Lomax, Clark etc get dropped for fun.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

There have been very few diamonds. But his place is safe and the likes of Williams, Lomax, Clark etc get dropped for fun.

He had some decent games in the 2017 World Cup but apart from that I've never really understood the Widdop love in because he did precious little prior to that for me.

You guy's sitting at home  are the lucky one's, I have spent a lot of money to come to watch this sh-ite, I have argued the toss with some for a long time that Bennett's methods do not sit very well with the English game we need to get rid and very quickly, in fact the guy should resign if he has anything about him. 

4 hours ago, Dunbar said:

On the McGilvary no try I thought it exposed the lack of experience at centre from Hardaker.

It was a clear overlap and Hardaker had two options. Either quick ball to McGilvary to give him a run at the corner or straighten up for a few steps to engage the last cover defender (Kenny Bromwich) before giving it to his winger.

In the end he did neither and delayed the pass while he ran a little laterally and it gave time for Bromwich to reach McGilvary and get his hands on the ball and spoil the try.

It all happened in a fraction of a second but it was poor execution of a stand out try scoring opportunity. 

Agreed.

Jerry got some criticism from the pundits for not scoring but it was clear, even on first viewing, that the timing of the pass could have been better.

20 minutes ago, longboard said:

Agreed.

Jerry got some criticism from the pundits for not scoring but it was clear, even on first viewing, that the timing of the pass could have been better.

Regardless of the quality of the pass, it was a bombed try that even the donkey on the other wing would've converted.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Just now, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Regardless of the quality of the pass, it was a bombed try that even the donkey on the other wing would've converted.  

That's your opinion, which is completely unprovable,  but it was an example of the lack of fluidity in GB's game. The quality of the pass is something which should be regarded.

10 hours ago, Damien said:

He had some decent games in the 2017 World Cup but apart from that I've never really understood the Widdop love in because he did precious little prior to that for me.

Even in the World Cup he had to be moved around.

12 hours ago, longboard said:

Agreed.

That's clutching at straws. It wasn't the best timed pass but Hardaker still waited until he had drawn the man before passing. He should have waited until he committed a little more but that would also risk an inaccurate pass if the timing was off. McGilvary was one or two yards in from the touchline so could have positioned himself wider (it's only the impact of the tackle that takes him into the corner flag but there's plenty of space to work with there) and literally all he had to do was keep hold of the ball.

The only mistakes made were possibly not hugging the touchline but definitely trying to ground the ball with 2 hands rather than keeping it in his right. Why an experienced winger like him is doing that I don't know as a 2 hand carry close to the line means all a defender has to do is knock the arm, which is what happened.

3 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I’d draft in young Herbie Farnworth from Brisbane if he was available due to reduce costs.

Even though he’s a long way from international quality and shouldn’t have been in the 9’s, given he was out there, they should’ve kept Handley on

30 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

So Hall is our injured for next week after dislocating his knee. Who’s Bennett going to put on the wing now? Jack Hughes? ?

James Graham to wing, Walmsley to 13, hardaker to prop, Clarke to the off licence, Bennett off his head. 

Fully agree on the Hardaker thing , most centres of true quality would have seen Bromwich flying across at speed to get to McGilvray and just dropped their shoulder , stepped inside and slid over .But we have had something like 30 years of playing players out of position in international RL , we need to stick with players who are best in their positions and stop trying to fit square pegs into round holes .

Archived