Wayne Bennett makes changes to the GB team.

13 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

He has the opportunity to proove himself, now if he is given 40 attempts over a 12 year period and still fails at International level when it really matters, then I will tend to agree with you.

agreed.. sometimes players step up really well that you wouldnt necessarily expect to. Hi season has been good, I wouldnt have had him ahead of Watts but it was definitely up there, toured with the Knights last year so the coaching set up has seen him on tour and against international opposition.. got to think they have seen something. 

15 hours ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

Johnson is a fantastic Nines and touch player, but i would never pick him in a RL side, i'd rather play with 12 guys. 

Hes a fantastic player at all levels, he may be having a poor run of games at the moment but on form he would be one of the first names on the team sheet.. you make some funny (not haha funny) posts at times.. 

15 hours ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

Johnson is a fantastic Nines and touch player, but i would never pick him in a RL side, i'd rather play with 12 guys. 

I agree with you to an extent. The problem with Johnson is that he is consistently inconsistent and more often than not his good games are few and far between. When he’s on form, he’s unstoppable but those occasions are rare 

10 minutes ago, RP London said:

Hes a fantastic player at all levels, he may be having a poor run of games at the moment but on form he would be one of the first names on the team sheet.. you make some funny (not haha funny) posts at times.. 

Problem is his poor form tends to outlast his good form 

12 minutes ago, Boomer Bang Wool said:

Problem is his poor form tends to outlast his good form 

not sure i would agree with you on that in the past but even when he is not on great form I would certainly rather play with him in the side than with 12. that said i dont disagree with dropping him at the moment just the bland crass statement of earlier i thought was wrong.

1 minute ago, RP London said:

not sure i would agree with you on that in the past but even when he is not on great form I would certainly rather play with him in the side than with 12. that said i dont disagree with dropping him at the moment just the bland crass statement of earlier i thought was wrong.

Yes fair enough. The comment was over the top but probably alluding to the times Johnson has virtually lost games for his teams. 

Good sgout IMO, Johnson plays when he wants to, can be quite lazy at times, for all his good work he can be right off it at other times, overall you want a more rounded player and Johnson's just not that player, if he ever was.

23 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Good sgout IMO, Johnson plays when he wants to, can be quite lazy at times, for all his good work he can be right off it at other times, overall you want a more rounded player and Johnson's just not that player, if he ever was.

Johnson has been dropped by nz- he could come over here and win man of steel next year with one hand tied behind his back though

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

10 hours ago, Bring back the Boyd said:

I’m still struggling to understand the omission of Watts— his toughness and size has never been in question. What has impressed me this season is his discipline but most of all, his ball handling. I’m  delighted as a Wire fan to see Joe Philbin in the squad ,but as a GB fan , I’d rather see Watts there

Completely agree.  The omissions of Watts and Percival are the two that decisions that strike me as particularly odd.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 30/10/2019 at 11:32, RP London said:

Hes a fantastic player at all levels, he may be having a poor run of games at the moment but on form he would be one of the first names on the team sheet..

I agree and when he's on the books at Salford the world will be our oyster!

On 30/10/2019 at 11:32, RP London said:

you make some funny (not haha funny) posts at times.. 

Who doesn't? 100% and counting last time I checked.

As for GB the selection, it has been questionable from the start and injuries haven't helped and I just hope Wayne Bennet proves the doubters (well me ) wrong.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

45 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Completely agree.  The omissions of Watts and Percival are the two that decisions that strike me as particularly odd.

Bennett obviously doesn't rate Percival at all and this has been fairly clear throughout his tenure.

40 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Percival (along with Makison) is injured, so I do find it, erm.. puzzling to find people criticising the selectors.  Roby is of course also out injured.

As for those in the squad, it's 2 classiest players are out injured, Thompson and Gildart.  These are big losses and hard to overcome. 

Add to this we probably have lost permanently Sam Burgess and SOL. So long term we are possibly not as good as we like to think we were)

Of those not selected from the squad, they may be unfortunate or not.  It is a moot point, I do not think there is much in it.  What is absolutely vital is that the team plays as a team (organised) and does not give away silly penalties or mistakes.

Unfortunately the penalties are often in the lap of the gods. 

Archived