Ikahihifo

DG70

Strongly linked with Salford, not sure whats happened to him since 2017 but think he will get his mojo back under Watson if he signs.

Would be a good addition and along with Pauli and Yates their pack is looking strong.

Tough one for us Giants fans this.

He hit the ground running when he first arrived and really gave the team a lift when they needed it.

From there he never really looked the same again. Before the 2019 season he was strongly linked with a move away, to Cas.

Supposed to be one of the big earners within the squad so will free up some cash to bolster over areas as I personally feel we have enough on the front row with Clough, Matagi, Walne, English, WIlson & the new signing Gavet.

He will be a good signing for Salford, he has come in for some stick from many Fartown fans but in truth he has been no worse than most in a very very poor Fartown pack this last two years. I expect Watson to get him back to where he was  pretty quickly, Good luck to him and Salford.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

2 hours ago, GIANTSTRIDES said:

He will be a good signing for Salford, he has come in for some stick from many Fartown fans but in truth he has been no worse than most in a very very poor Fartown pack this last two years. I expect Watson to get him back to where he was  pretty quickly, Good luck to him and Salford.

Potential to be a very good prop.  Could have a very good season under Watson.

Salford are shrewd in that they allow players to play free from expectation.

What I mean by that, is  Salford’s management and fans hoped for example that Jackson Hastings could give something really positive to the team in their hour of need and ‘didn’t compare him to previous players from the past or expect him to be the great player that he indeed turned out to be, because after all, any chink of light that he could bring from the gloom would be most welcome and a relief!   Any ‘misfit’ is welcomed at Salford  because neither side of the deal have much to lose, leaving the players free to express themselves without fear of expectation, but with the fans and the management right behind them.

The problem for Jackson now is that Wiganers will not be so allowing as expectations are higher owing to the Pie eater’s history and it will be interesting how he and Josh Jones at Hull handle moving from being big fish in a small pond to smaller fish under the spotlight of expectation.

I hope, but don’t expect,  that 12 months at Salford will free Sebastine Ikahihifo up to have are really good season at Salford.

Hope is always more positive than expectation 

Archived