Rapana Ruse Rapped - Raiders

Seems the NRL have put the mockers on Rapana’s ruse of playing Union in Japan until their season ends in May or similar and then to return to Raiders to play the rest of the League season there. 
He’s already signed up for Japan and according to form Raiders have said goodbye to him with the result he won’t be going back to them in May in the light of the NRL’s position.

NRL say he can’t return on a cut price deal. Full details below. Hence I suppose the sad goodby from Raiders. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/au/amp/league/news/jordan-rapana-nrl-2019-canberra-raiders-rugby-union-panasonic-wild-knights/1c7ifg2zz7aii167apc98xsg3v

The NRL has been accused by some of inconsistency over this compared to say Hayne and Holmes being |okay to return.

They countered by saying they returned after failed career moves and this is different.

Some pundits still hope that the NRL will 'fix' this.

Very strange . What’s a failed career move got to do with it , it was still a career move? The NRL authorities bemuse me at times . What’s the problem if he comes back and the Raiders can absorb it , and why shut the door on good players . Maybe we should want him to fail then...

This is a case of inconsistency and it’s either not thought through or half baked.

When RL was a winter sport in both hemispheres I can remember one or two of our players (eg Graham Steadman) playing in Australia in our off season. He returned extremely fit for our next season. 

Archived