Four Nations 2020

1 hour ago, roughyedspud said:

What baffles me is you lot bit and moan there's no international calender...and now we have for that sets out the next several years...you want to change it at 12 months notice..

RL fans are effing idiots...

Tonga area saleable entity roughyed  and there's still not enough international games.

As for those calling it an imaginary thread

We are such stuff as dreams are made of petal!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

4 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

What baffles me is you lot bit and moan there's no international calender...and now we have for that sets out the next several years...you want to change it at 12 months notice..

Isn't that what the NRL do anyway? We have had international calendars before which have meant nothing.

4 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

Can you imagine the uproar if we stopped an Ashes Australia tour next year? ? 

I think 2022 onwards should be looked at and revised for the future... I am not a massive fan of tours now we have some other competitive nations playing the game. They were justifiable when we only had four nations playing the sport competitively at the highest level. That's not the case now and the likes of Tonga, Fiji and Samoa should be playing Australia, New Zealand and England every year or close to every year as possible. More exposure for the likes of France, Lebanon, Wales et al should be the goal as well.

Midseason test v France is a must, though I can see SL club blocking it. 
But England (and France, too) need to spend time together as a group, gel, try combinations, etc. 

But I'd prefer a Kangaroo tour to a 4N. 
Play Australia 3 times and see how it goes. 
I think they will all be sell-out or similar, given that England came very close in the WC final and that Australia is the best team in the world. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

42 minutes ago, Southerner said:

I miss the 4 nations tournaments. They were fantastic in my opinion.

I too enjoyed them, and I hope they or something similar will return soon.

However, next year I'm more than happy to have The Ashes. England/GB vs Australia is (for me at least) the biggest game in international RL, and in particular when it's for the Ashes.

Archived