W Bennet's Replacement

RayCee

1 minute ago, MatthewWoody said:

If they are committed, it means they fully understand the meaning of the England jersey, etc. 

The coach themselves needs to be able to understand the meaning of the jersey before being able to translate this to the players. Do I think the players could be more motivated? Absolutely. Do I think the players aren't motivated? Absolutely not, they are motivated.

We can always do more.

I do not doubt our players have courage, commitment, dedication and effort. Our problem is that these things aren't channeled in the right areas and we get this "try hard, headless chicken" approach we have at the moment.

It's not enough just to try hard. It's not enough to just want to do well. We need to try hard in the right areas for the right reasons. 

The coach and the players need to understand the meaning of the jersey. The coach has shown complete disregard for it, and subliminally I wouldn't blame players for not giving their all at parts of this tour (on or off the pitch). It's been treated as a trial series.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Damien said:

The comments of Sinfield don't fill me with much optimism:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/50367304

Yeah, when the first two (missing) names he mentions are Sean O'Loughlin and Sam Burgess.

One of those has now retired, and the other one really needs to (at least from International duty)...

11 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Yeah, when the first two (missing) names he mentions are Sean O'Loughlin and Sam Burgess.

One of those has now retired, and the other one really needs to (at least from International duty)...

Yeah, it's all a bit pathetic.

Archived