Magic Weekend 2020 - Fixtures Announced

costa

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Sick of playing Wigan at magic, will give a miss. We will probably have them in the cup a couple of weeks before like for the last three years. Never short of overkill. 

Yup. If they were going to mix it up why leave the one game that has been consistent for the last few years?

1 minute ago, NickWeaver said:

pretty good fixtures don't know why Saints vs. Salford isn't the final game on one of the day instead of the 2nd.

I imagine both days finishing with well supported Yorkshire clubs is intended to build and keep a crowd to the end of the day. 

I see the great minds of the RFL have put Giants vs Wolfpack on 1st match on The Sunday. That means a 7.30am kick off in Toronto. So much for trying to engage the new fan base and expand the reach of our great game. Surely any other of the kick off times would have made more commercial sense in terms of media coverage.

Roger Ram fan club

23 minutes ago, NickWeaver said:

pretty good fixtures don't know why Saints vs. Salford isn't the final game on one of the day instead of the 2nd.

Gives time for them to get home , less travelling time required for Hull and Leeds 

12 minutes ago, callmedave said:

I see the great minds of the RFL have put Giants vs Wolfpack on 1st match on The Sunday. That means a 7.30am kick off in Toronto. So much for trying to engage the new fan base and expand the reach of our great game. Surely any other of the kick off times would have made more commercial sense in terms of media coverage.

Depends if they want the place empty for that game , they probably assume the overnighters and large fan bases of Wigan and Wire will come in early to watch at least the second half 

15 minutes ago, callmedave said:

No away fans, innit

39 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Gives time for them to get home , less travelling time required for Hull and Leeds 

I'll consider that when wandering around Newcastle at midnight on both Saturday and Sunday...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Just now, GUBRATS said:

So will you have kids with you ?

Nah...been there, done that!

It was only a light hearted comment, btw.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

13 minutes ago, Rhinoferg said:

It would have been better to start of with Toronto v Catalans

Warrington v Salford

Hull v Hull KR

Day 2

Huddersfield v Wakefield

Wigan v Stains 

Leeds v Castleford

I really don't mean to be rude, but the fixtures have been announced. There is little point posting different iterations of what will not happen. 

Let's discuss what will actually happen ?

2 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

I really don't mean to be rude, but the fixtures have been announced. There is little point posting different iterations of what will not happen. 

Let's discuss what will actually happen ?

Well you are being very rude lol.

We are debating what a load of male genitals the RFL are doing with the magic weekend. Bring back the derbies, the current fixtures listed won't entice people to attend,I certainly won't be going to watch these fixtures

Archived