Season ticket

ernieone

23 minutes ago, ernieone said:

Looking through the memrobelia I have accumulated over the years, how much did it cost for a season ticket for the long stand in the 1951/52 Season (Just before I was born )

I don't know about that season,but my first kids season ticket was 5 shillings.That would have been about 59/60.Iwas born in 52.

Happy days.Also who in their right mind would want to be anywhere but the Long Stand?

Reading the Halifax programme for the first round of the cup from 64, in the notes it says that " Batleys Chairman was very hopeful concerning his side's prospects. Now we assume the same role with regards to the Thrum Hall side and if we get an even share of the luck there will not be much doubt as to who will turn out winners this afternoon"

Of course we went on to beat them three nil  with a Malcolm Shuttleworth try.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

12 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Happy days.Also who in their right mind would want to be anywhere but the Long Stand?

the open toilets in the corner though. never smelt anything like it . wellies required.

the thing I miss though,  is the crowd chanting ( on a good day ) at the back on the halfway line

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

2 hours ago, RPH said:

the open toilets in the corner though. never smelt anything like it . wellies required.

the thing I miss though,  is the crowd chanting ( on a good day ) at the back on the halfway line

that were barmy/ginger/wellsies army...all pushing prams about now wi grankids in..:kolobok_popcorm1:

17 hours ago, ernieone said:

Looking at the fixtures the second team started with a home match against Normanton (away match in February). First team matches included Bell Vue Rangers and of course New Zealand on the 16th November.

Me & Colin B were on about that season last Friday at the hall of fame dinner as he said he was allowed out of school for the New Zealand game which my grandad also attended 

in my collection of programmes etc I’ve got a programme from 1947 vs salford at the willows 

I was at the other end blowing him along with all the puff I had at 8 years old. Then asvyouxsay Bateson missed from about 2 yards to the side of the sticks!!

Just in case anyone is interested the cost of the season ticket was £1,2 shilling and six pence which is £1and12.5p.

Just a point regarding season tickets perhaps they should be on sale now (in line with a number of other clubs). Kevin says he does not like money too early but buying a season ticket at the moment when there is not as much expense as at the end of December would be better for a lot of fans.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

True and traditionally a Xmas present constituted a season ticket, replica and scarf (winter rugby)....

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived