Jason Baitieri responds to the French Federation

audois

Particularly to the President.  Some real concerns here. Full missive in French here.

https://treizemondial.fr/communique-officiel-de-jason-baitieri/

- Who finds it normal that a player (in this case me) shares the room of the trainer so that the Federation saves a room? Is this normal at this level? Imagine Jacques Brunel sharing his room with Guilhem Guirado during the last World Cup at XV!

- Who finds it normal for a member of the Australian Federation to advance fees for another group activity? Or that it is the manager who settles a portion of one of the team's meals out of his own pocket?

- Who finds it normal for a player to return his match jersey after a defeat? But that he can keep it in case of victory?

- Who finds it normal for a pre-match speech to be imbued with a threat of performance or victory, on pain of being "fired" in case of defeat?

- I leave it to the readers to interpret the remarks made by the President before the Test match against Jamaica in 2017, leaving all the players present without voice in front of the violence of his remarks? I quote "you will bring down these monkeys from their coconut tree ...".

- I do not understand either the absence of the President or one of his delegates at the international meeting which took place before the RLWC 9's. What a pity and what a ridiculous image we send back around the world ... When we see the pride of the representatives of the other countries present to support and encourage their team engaged in the competition. I guess the President could not shift his appointments.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Seems to me that, sadly, the French game represents by far the biggest gap between potential and reality. I know I am repetitive on this, but I am still staggered at the number of overseas players the Catalans are allowed to field. If we are to have a club over there, then it’s raison d’etre must be the growth of the French game. It may be too late now, but imagine what could have happened if they had been required to field, say, 12 French qualified players each time they took the field? Instead, they have the toxic Tomkins twins spending the money earned from French treizistes. It makes you weep... Allez Toulouse, we pin our hopes on you. 

54 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I know I am repetitive on this, but I am still staggered at the number of overseas players the Catalans are allowed to field. If we are to have a club over there, then it’s raison d’etre must be the growth of the French game. It may be too late now, but imagine what could have happened if they had been required to field, say, 12 French qualified players each time they took the field? Instead, they have the toxic Tomkins twins spending the money earned from French treizistes. It makes you weep... Allez Toulouse, we pin our hopes on you. 

This I completely disagree with. 

The Catalans are in Super League to be a successful club in their own right - nothing more, nothing less. They're entitled to play by the same competitive rules as anyone else in the competition and to insist that they should have conditions attached to their squad make-up (beyond the rules put on every other club) puts them at an unfair disadvantage. 

The Catalans have no control over the French National team, how it is run, who is appointed as its coaches, how it books hotel rooms, whether players are allowed to keep their shirts and how it prepares for games.

If I tried to make the argument that a club like Huddersfield is responsible for the fact England/GB haven't beaten Australia for nearly 15 years, people would rightly say that's a stupid claim to make. Yet they're happy to make what is effectively the same argument for the Catalans, if only to create a stick with which they can beat a successful Super League club. 

42 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

The racist allegation is by far the most serious there. However the last one is also very poor if they didn’t even send a delegate to the international meeting. 

It is clear that there are real schisms in the French game

This is not uncommon.

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

The racist allegation is by far the most serious there. However the last one is also very poor if they didn’t even send a delegate to the international meeting. 

It is clear that there are real schisms in the French game

They sent the office  secretary to one of the international meetings either last year or the year before,  a woman from limoux who answers the phone and sends emails 

Sharing Room with a Trainer - A non-issue. Why does Baitieri think he’s above sharing a room with a member of the non-playing staff? They’re a key part of any team. 

Fees Up Front and Coaches Settling Bills - That’s very tin pot that people are asked to settle bills themselves but how much funding does the game get in France? I don’t imagine it’s much at all. If they have a history of not paying bills, asking for money up front is fine for me. 

Shirts and Performance Threat - As a hypothetical threat, it’s not the worst. You play well and win and you play again and “keep your shirt”, you lose and your shirt is up for grabs. But as an actual physical threat, it’s a strange one. Not the best motivational speech. 

Racism allegation - The biggest issue here. If true, action needs to be taken against the person who said this. 

Not Turning up for a Meeting - Did they simply not turn up or could they not fund it? 

16 hours ago, audois said:

Particularly to the President.  Some real concerns here. Full missive in French here.

https://treizemondial.fr/communique-officiel-de-jason-baitieri/

- Who finds it normal that a player (in this case me) shares the room of the trainer so that the Federation saves a room? Is this normal at this level? Imagine Jacques Brunel sharing his room with Guilhem Guirado during the last World Cup at XV!

- Who finds it normal for a member of the Australian Federation to advance fees for another group activity? Or that it is the manager who settles a portion of one of the team's meals out of his own pocket?

- Who finds it normal for a player to return his match jersey after a defeat? But that he can keep it in case of victory?

- Who finds it normal for a pre-match speech to be imbued with a threat of performance or victory, on pain of being "fired" in case of defeat?

- I leave it to the readers to interpret the remarks made by the President before the Test match against Jamaica in 2017, leaving all the players present without voice in front of the violence of his remarks? I quote "you will bring down these monkeys from their coconut tree ...".

- I do not understand either the absence of the President or one of his delegates at the international meeting which took place before the RLWC 9's. What a pity and what a ridiculous image we send back around the world ... When we see the pride of the representatives of the other countries present to support and encourage their team engaged in the competition. I guess the President could not shift his appointments.

French Rugby League is in a very penurious financial state and has been for many years.

Perhaps England could play a game there against them there, which will help them a little bit financially, and perhaps raise a bit more awareness of the French national team

15 minutes ago, Storm13 said:

Sounds like a rational course of action.

Yeah, but how is this any business of Jamaica?

How can the allegation be upheld if it was said behind closed doors?

Unless the rest of that French team step forward to confirm or deny that happened then it just a headline grabber.

If this is a genuine concern from the player, then why wasn't it brought to RLIF at the time, why os to only now, after he has decided to fall out with them that this serious allegation shows up?

Was the player happy to keep his mouth shut if he got his food payed for and his jersey was hung in his living room after each game?

If this allegation can be proven, than appropriate action should be taken, however, without evidence, or a proper investigation, then the quote is a slanderous one. You can't bury people on accusation alone.

2 minutes ago, gnidir said:

Yeah, but how is this any business of Jamaica?

How can the allegation be upheld if it was said behind closed doors?

Unless the rest of that French team step forward to confirm or deny that happened then it just a headline grabber.

If this is a genuine concern from the player, then why wasn't it brought to RLIF at the time, why os to only now, after he has decided to fall out with them that this serious allegation shows up?

Was the player happy to keep his mouth shut if he got his food payed for and his jersey was hung in his living room after each game?

If this allegation can be proven, than appropriate action should be taken, however, without evidence, or a proper investigation, then the quote is a slanderous one. You can't bury people on accusation alone.

I was being sarcastic. I should've placed a winking emoji after my statement ?

2 hours ago, Storm13 said:

Sounds like a rational course of action.

Racism has no place in our game. At this stage it is an allegation, but it has now been made public & an investigation should take place as its a very serious allegation. Why shouldn't I as a fan voice my opinion that the IRL prove or disprove otherwise. I'm sure their would be enough witnesses if such a thing was said. Why it has taken this long to become public, who knows but an inquiry may provide answers. As for Jamaica RL, I am sure they would be very interested in this & what was said about their players. 

On 05/11/2019 at 23:06, Heritage XIII said:

Racism has no place in our game. At this stage it is an allegation, but it has now been made public & an investigation should take place as its a very serious allegation. Why shouldn't I as a fan voice my opinion that the IRL prove or disprove otherwise. I'm sure their would be enough witnesses if such a thing was said. Why it has taken this long to become public, who knows but an inquiry may provide answers. As for Jamaica RL, I am sure they would be very interested in this & what was said about their players. 

Funny that, i recall on another recent thread you shared some opinions on people from NZ. The French Federation Chairman is subject to innocence until proven guilty. A disgruntled player has chosen to now air some opinions allegedly expressed by the French CEO in private team setting two years ago. lets leave the IRL to investigate that matter. 

On 04/11/2019 at 22:47, Exiled Wiganer said:

It may be too late now, but imagine what could have happened if they had been required to field, say, 12 French qualified players each time they took the field? Instead, they have the toxic Tomkins twins spending the money earned from French treizistes. It makes you weep... Allez Toulouse, we pin our hopes on you. 

They would have been relegated at first opportunity. Simple as that. After all, promo and relegation, there on your merits etc.

Not that I’m arguing, in fact agreeing, just highlighting the flaws of the system had your reasonable suggestion above have been implemented.

Archived