2020 Fixtures

manu266

What we know so far

• Opening "home" game at Headingley against Castleford, part of a double header with Leeds-Hull FC. Exact date TDB.
  • Magic weekend game Sunday 24 May against Huddersfield Giants, kick off 12:30 local time, 7:30am Toronto time.

More announcements this Tuesday.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I could choose an international game in Toronto it would be Tonga vs. someone, Tonga is the team I would be most excited to see. NZ or Samoa as opposition would be great. I really don't have a lot of interest in GB or Oz for some reason, most likely would go watch it as it's high quality international RL but the two teams don't have any buzz to me.

6 hours ago, Smoketrail said:

Rumours of Australia playing the wolfpack next year on their tour to england. Australia playing g in canada would be out of this world. Please rugby gods be kind.

I would prefer to see Toronto play a top NRL team than the national side.

Interesting dates for the first 75 days:

Opening game Castleford Sunday Feb.2 at 2.30/9.30 on Sky (in Leeds)

@Wigan Thursday Feb13 at 7.45/2.30 on Sky

"Home" vs St Helens Saturday Feb.29 @ TDB (non Sky at the moment)

@ Leeds Thursday Mar 5 7.45/2.30 on Sky

"Home" vs Wakefield @ York Sunday Mar 22 time TBD

@ Catalan Easter Saturday Apr 11 5.15/11.15 (no tv at the moment)

Real Home opener vs Hull FC Saturday Apr 18 1.30

Need to check Ryanair prices/availability now....

I will be in London for sure, the closest game from my place.

And I just booked the flight for the opening weekend in Leeds.

Can't wait to join Sandy's gang of UK Wolfpack fans.

What I really enjoyed over the last 3 years on these Forums (I'll call them a "neutral" place for comments), was the interaction (positive and negative), with the other teams fans in the week leading up to the next game.  For the most part the Championship and League ones Teams Forums here had plenty of "action" by their fans, and there was lots of spirited back and forth between us and them.  Looks like that is going to be sadly missing (for me) this year. 

I looked at the teams Forums for our first 3 games next year and note that:-

• Week 1 - Castleford - last Forum action here - July 3, 2018 - you read that correct 2018
  • Week 2 - Salford - last Forum action here - October 1st.
  • Week 3 - Wigan - last Forum action here - September 11th.

Gonna be just us it would seem!!!  I don't like going on the other clubs web-sites and twitter feeds etc. which I would think that must be where they all congregate to discuss their next game.  Comments?

2 minutes ago, Cameron Highlander said:

What I really enjoyed over the last 3 years on these Forums (I'll call them a "neutral" place for comments), was the interaction (positive and negative), with the other teams fans in the week leading up to the next game.  For the most part the Championship and League ones Teams Forums here had plenty of "action" by their fans, and there was lots of spirited back and forth between us and them.  Looks like that is going to be sadly missing (for me) this year. 

I looked at the teams Forums for our first 3 games next year and note that:-

• Week 1 - Castleford - last Forum action here - July 3, 2018 - you read that correct 2018
  • Week 2 - Salford - last Forum action here - October 1st.
  • Week 3 - Wigan - last Forum action here - September 11th.

Gonna be just us it would seem!!!  I don't like going on the other clubs web-sites and twitter feeds etc. which I would think that must be where they all congregate to discuss their next game.  Comments?

Thats what I think too Highlander....don't you worry though they just might come looking for us...we will never get anyone that is as easily led as the Leigh fans though.  As far as League 1 those Workingtown fans are certainly not to be messed with!

9 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

Australia vs Toronto at BMO Field would be dope!

Knowing Rugby League though, they'll probably play that match in England ?

See. Would that not be a game to take to Vancouver? Much easier to sell to the Aussies as a halfway stop. And make Wolfpack Canada's team?

Just a thought.

4 hours ago, dixiedean said:

See. Would that not be a game to take to Vancouver? Much easier to sell to the Aussies as a halfway stop. And make Wolfpack Canada's team?

Just a thought.

I would love to have seen one of the Loop fixtures played in Vancouver but I doubt the other clubs would go for it.

I think it's better that any games like this get played in Toronto.

Planning on going to York Mar 22.Ticks a lot of boxes for me - My hometown, see my relatives - see new stadium - see all the fun Kneets fans & have a redo of the great p**s up we had at Northern Maverick this year, pic attached

now to convince an entourage to accompany me

YCK at NM.jpeg

On 10/11/2019 at 19:45, dixiedean said:

Just a thought.

Vancouver is the base of rugby union in Canada and considering the mess they're in I want nothing to do with them.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:01, CanadianRugger said:

Australia vs Toronto at BMO Field would be dope!

Knowing Rugby League though, they'll probably play that match in England ?

Be a good test for the game here. And let Bell/Rogers gauge public interest.

I’m a bit puzzled with the London game. I checked Saracens website and don’t see any home game on Feb.29 for their main squad, they play at Northampton that weekend.

Their women team play home that day (with free entrance). But i doubt this will be a double header women union / men league?

Anyone knows more about this game?

41 minutes ago, ojx said:

Good time of day for a viewing party here.

Thing is the SL schedule only showed some of the Wolfpack games being televised but another source (the one we cannot speak of on here) says that all Wolfpack games are now scheduled to be televised.....some of the old SL clubs might not like that...they are just starting to figure out that the real Big Bad Wolf is in town....they have been playing with the domesticated wolves from  Warrington for far too long....they have forgotten.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Thing is the SL schedule only showed some of the Wolfpack games being televised but another source (the one we cannot speak of on here) says that all Wolfpack games are now scheduled to be televised.....some of the old SL clubs might not like that...they are just starting to figure out that the real Big Bad Wolf is in town....they have been playing with the domesticated wolves from  Warrington for far too long....they have forgotten.

It is crazy bush league, that not all games are televised already. Imagine the CFL not recording a game, the whole point is that it this is a TV product.

On 16/11/2019 at 13:47, ojx said:

It is crazy bush league, that not all games are televised already. Imagine the CFL not recording a game, the whole point is that it this is a TV product.

The CFL's blackout policies in the 70s and 80s have effectively killed them in this market.

Archived