2020 Fixtures

manu266

27 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

The CFL's blackout policies in the 70s and 80s have effectively killed them in this market.

Was the dumbest decision ever made in the history of the CFL...very short sighted.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Was the dumbest decision ever made in the history of the CFL...very short sighted.

That said, it has opened the door for the Wolfpack.

Now we need to get some details on a broadcast deal for next season. I do not want to be stuck paying for RSNWorld.

2 hours ago, TIWIT said:

The CFL's blackout policies in the 70s and 80s have effectively killed them in this market.

That is true and it was very damaging, but the games were still recorded and televised in other markets. 

1 hour ago, ojx said:

That is true and it was very damaging, but the games were still recorded and televised in other markets. 

Which to me is even stupider...you should be televising in the local market (your most important market) rather than a market thousands of kilometers away...it makes no sense whatsoever...a backward way of thinking in the modern electronic age.

Stupid is as stupid does.

1 hour ago, TIWIT said:

That said, it has opened the door for the Wolfpack.

Now we need to get some details on a broadcast deal for next season. I do not want to be stuck paying for RSNWorld.

I'm in the exact same quandary.

I didn't want to start a new topic but I hope you guys that post on here keep it open during the close season.All the other boards for the Super League clubs  are dead,long time since comments were made on them.I like coming on here and reading  your comments on the Wolfpack away from the usual criticism on the other boards.

Really looking forward to the coming season.The Wolfpack have added a lot of interest  to SL and given it new life.

44 minutes ago, frank said:

I didn't want to start a new topic but I hope you guys that post on here keep it open during the close season.All the other boards for the Super League clubs  are dead,long time since comments were made on them.I like coming on here and reading  your comments on the Wolfpack away from the usual criticism on the other boards.

Really looking forward to the coming season.The Wolfpack have added a lot of interest  to SL and given it new life.

?

Just don't tell Parksider we're here.

1 hour ago, frank said:

Always good to have a Kiwi on board....thats why we signed both you and Sonny Bill!

News about Wolfpack on today League express

• they will not move games to a bigger stadium, they want to sell out Lamport as much a possible
  • possible dual registration with Widnes and Skolars
  • they are trying to buy the Canadian (and other countries) rights from Sky to resell them to Sportsnet or TSN and other international partners

13 hours ago, manu266 said:

News about Wolfpack on today League express

• they will not move games to a bigger stadium, they want to sell out Lamport as much a possible
  • possible dual registration with Widnes and Skolars
  • they are trying to buy the Canadian (and other countries) rights from Sky to resell them to Sportsnet or TSN and other international partners

And Sky probably wants an arm and a leg for them.

Will have to be more money than what Sportsnet currently gives, but Sportsnet or tsn gets a regular schedule of a home team and sky gets extra games to show in the UK, plus a strong brand to promote their international streaming platform.

But the fact that the Wolfpack has to step up and sell the contents themselves means that giving the international rights to sky is probably the worst idea RFL had.

5 hours ago, manu266 said:

Will have to be more money than what Sportsnet currently gives, but Sportsnet or tsn gets a regular schedule of a home team and sky gets extra games to show in the UK, plus a strong brand to promote their international streaming platform.

But the fact that the Wolfpack has to step up and sell the contents themselves means that giving the international rights to sky is probably the worst idea RFL had.

The RFL has no concept of how to operate properly at the international/NA level...they botch one job and then move onto another....its just their nature and won't change...we  will have to move forward in spite of them...they are backwards.  SL is not far behind them either.

Its just two more impediments to be faced by our progressive modern club....AHHHHH!!!!!   THE PAIN!!!!!!!

21 hours ago, manu266 said:

they will not move games to a bigger stadium, they want to sell out Lamport as much a possible

This makes tons of sense.  They've been close enough to capacity this year, but it seems the same people who call for TWP to need a bigger stadium are also the ones criticizing ticket giveaways. They need to keep capacity relatively limited while demand for tickets builds up. When Lamport is sold out consistently with all tickets actually sold, will be the time to consider further expansion or relocation. 

27 minutes ago, TheReaper said:

This makes tons of sense.  They've been close enough to capacity this year, but it seems the same people who call for TWP to need a bigger stadium are also the ones criticizing ticket giveaways. They need to keep capacity relatively limited while demand for tickets builds up. When Lamport is sold out consistently with all tickets actually sold, will be the time to consider further expansion or relocation. 

They have no comprehension of the situation on the ground here.....they have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to Catalan Dragons coming to Lamport...hope the team gets that young lady Courtney Waldie back to sing the anthems, was blown away by her rendition of Le Marseillaises when TOXIII were here..their players seemed to appreciate it.

5 hours ago, RobertAM said:

Really looking forward to Catalan Dragons coming to Lamport...hope the team gets that young lady Courtney Waldie back to sing the anthems, was blown away by her rendition of Le Marseillaises when TOXIII were here..their players seemed to appreciate it.

As did Hakim Miloudi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 09/11/2019 at 22:52, Cameron Highlander said:

What I really enjoyed over the last 3 years on these Forums (I'll call them a "neutral" place for comments), was the interaction (positive and negative), with the other teams fans in the week leading up to the next game.  For the most part the Championship and League ones Teams Forums here had plenty of "action" by their fans, and there was lots of spirited back and forth between us and them.  Looks like that is going to be sadly missing (for me) this year. 

I looked at the teams Forums for our first 3 games next year and note that:-

• Week 1 - Castleford - last Forum action here - July 3, 2018 - you read that correct 2018
  • Week 2 - Salford - last Forum action here - October 1st.
  • Week 3 - Wigan - last Forum action here - September 11th.

Gonna be just us it would seem!!!  I don't like going on the other clubs web-sites and twitter feeds etc. which I would think that must be where they all congregate to discuss their next game.  Comments?

Salford forum , is on Tapatalk  It's called Devils talk. The RL Fans forum was the main one until 3-4 years ago Until it was hijacked by Flat earth loonies and and a Former Manchester Evening news RL Reporter  Neil Barker who believed he was Mario the Plumber from The video game

5 hours ago, Frankie Z said:

Salford forum , is on Tapatalk  It's called Devils talk. The RL Fans forum was the main one until 3-4 years ago Until it was hijacked by Flat earth loonies and and a Former Manchester Evening news RL Reporter  Neil Barker who believed he was Mario the Plumber from The video game

.Thanks for this info. Frankie.  I don't know what "Tapatalk" is all about but I'll check it out.

On 02/01/2020 at 00:51, Frankie Z said:

So are you saying Salford has an 'eclectic' crowd?

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 11:11, Cameron Highlander said:

.Thanks for this info. Frankie.  I don't know what "Tapatalk" is all about but I'll check it out.

If you are still interested the main Salford forum is at deviltalk.co.uk - we did indeed move away due to some persistent trolls but we are still a welcoming bunch (fairly evenly split on Toronto as you would imagine but there are more pro-expansionists than you would expect and a few making the trip over to Toronto in July).

The Toronto game will be our first home game of the year so should be a reasonable crowd (fingers crossed).

6 minutes ago, LR23 said:

If you are still interested the main Salford forum is at deviltalk.co.uk - we did indeed move away due to some persistent trolls but we are still a welcoming bunch (fairly evenly split on Toronto as you would imagine but there are more pro-expansionists than you would expect and a few making the trip over to Toronto in July).

The Toronto game will be our first home game of the year so should be a reasonable crowd (fingers crossed).

Thanks for this LR23.  Looking forward to hosting your team and fans in July.

On 22/01/2020 at 15:56, manu266 said:

image.png.b85d176761f6d109fd77fe944bb00501.png

I hope it stays in London, already booked my train tickets.

10 days left until my trip to Leeds!

Saints game relocated to Warrington. Not sure I can make it there. For those like me who already booked transport and accommodation you can claim reimbursement at customerservices@torontowolfpack.com

• 3 weeks later...

Dragons Catalans – Wolfpack relocated? They are considering taking the game to Toulon (where SBW played for 2 seasons) or Marseille (Stade Velodrome 67,000 seats).

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/119598103/israel-folau-and-sonny-bill-williams-set-for-blockbuster-clash-in-glamour-french-venue

Archived