McManus fined £3000

13 hours ago, yipyee said:

I think it's not having an impartial ref that was the issue.

Clearly events leading up to the final effected the impartiality of the ref and he shouldn't have been put into the position of the final.

This is the RFLs error and they should apologise 

So you really think that the ref wasn't impartial? That is an awfully serious allegation.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Damien said:

So you really think that the ref wasn't impartial? That is an awfully serious allegation.

Surely Mr Mc Manus and his Club should have vented their feelings before the game, not wait till they had lost. It's hard to believe he would have said anything if they had won the game.

1 minute ago, Gooleboy said:

Surely Mr Mc Manus and his Club should have vented their feelings before the game, not wait till they had lost. It's hard to believe he would have said anything if they had won the game.

Oh certainly. I'm sure the referee would have had a great game if they had won.

6 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

You really need to stop digging, you are embarrassing yourself by constantly trying to defend the indefensible. And not a single fan from any other club agrees with your opinions and many sensible saint's fans as well. 

Or maybe you are blindly backing the EFL as you afe incapable of your own opinion ......

5 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Or maybe you are blindly backing the EFL as you afe incapable of your own opinion ......

Who are the EFL ,I really think you need to read back along this thread and see if you have an opinion that a single person agrees with. I mean Warrington aren't a popular club with other teams but no one is backing you on this really sad angle. Unless you are McManus I fail to see how you carry on digging. 

20 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Who are the EFL ,I really think you need to read back along this thread and see if you have an opinion that a single person agrees with. I mean Warrington aren't a popular club with other teams but no one is backing you on this really sad angle. Unless you are McManus I fail to see how you carry on digging. 

So because I don't agree with you I am wrong? ??

And now your using the looking round the room for support tactic because I don't agree with you.

I disagree on your opinion but respect it. You should respect mine and club owners to have their own opinion.

It would be a boring world if we all thought the same and this wonderful forum would be dull!

Just now, yipyee said:

So because I don't agree with you I am wrong? ??

And now your using the looking round the room for support tactic because I don't agree with you.

I disagree on your opinion but respect it. You should respect mine and club owners to have their own opinion.

It would be a boring world if we all thought the same and this wonderful forum would be dull!

I don't think he needs to look far to find support for his view point.

Only people looking at the sitaution from a Saints POV could see Hicks being imparticial, no one else even considered it.

You're right, it would be a boring world if we all thought the same, but McManus is the chairman for SL Club, he isn't posting on a forum. He made his comments in the offical programme of a Saints home game. The situations are completely different.

2 minutes ago, Click said:

I don't think he needs to look far to find support for his view point.

Only people looking at the sitaution from a Saints POV could see Hicks being imparticial, no one else even considered it.

You're right, it would be a boring world if we all thought the same, but McManus is the chairman for SL Club, he isn't posting on a forum. He made his comments in the offical programme of a Saints home game. The situations are completely different.

He's posting in a programme which is like that of a forum.

He clearly wanted to generate debate.

All the saints haters wouldnt agree if he said grass was green!

Just now, yipyee said:

He's posting in a programme which is like that of a forum.

He clearly wanted to generate debate.

All the saints haters wouldnt agree if he said grass was green!

It's the offical comments of the chairman of the club. It is completely different to a fan posting an opinion on a forum.

You're right, he did want to generate debate, which is irrelevant, what he said was wrong.

Doesn't really matter what "all the saints haters" think, as it isn't just those that "hate" Saints that have a problem with his comments.

I've had a soft spot for Saints ever since LMS went up there, and haven't had any particular problems with them. Doesn't change that what he said was wrong.

On 11/11/2019 at 13:24, Click said:

It's the offical comments of the chairman of the club. It is completely different to a fan posting an opinion on a forum.

You're right, he did want to generate debate, which is irrelevant, what he said was wrong.

Doesn't really matter what "all the saints haters" think, as it isn't just those that "hate" Saints that have a problem with his comments.

I've had a soft spot for Saints ever since LMS went up there, and haven't had any particular problems with them. Doesn't change that what he said was wrong.

Only wrong in your opinion

The fine was to make it look like action has been took to the people of the opinion he was wrong.

It's not a large fine so also it wouldn't anger the people who think he's done nothing wrong.

There is however a few people who won't leave it alone as not everyone has the same opinion as them.

It's similar to brexit where the remoaners lost a vote but keep pushing for a revote!!

5 hours ago, yipyee said:

The fine was to make it look like action has been took to the people of the opinion he was wrong.

It's not a large fine so also it wouldn't anger the people who think he's done nothing wrong.

There is however a few people who won't leave it alone as not everyone has the same opinion as them.

It's similar to brexit where the remoaners lost a vote but keep pushing for a revote!!

No, it's nothing like that at all.

He thought his team had been hard done by, accused an official of being biased, essentially of cheating, and then put it in print just to emphasise the point.

If you agree with him, then you are also accusing the official of being bent.

Archived