Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lowdesert

McManus fined £3000

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, yipyee said:

I think it's not having an impartial ref that was the issue.

Clearly events leading up to the final effected the impartiality of the ref and he shouldn't have been put into the position of the final.

This is the RFLs error and they should apologise 

So you really think that the ref wasn't impartial? That is an awfully serious allegation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Damien said:

So you really think that the ref wasn't impartial? That is an awfully serious allegation.

Surely Mr Mc Manus and his Club should have vented their feelings before the game, not wait till they had lost. It's hard to believe he would have said anything if they had won the game.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gooleboy said:

Surely Mr Mc Manus and his Club should have vented their feelings before the game, not wait till they had lost. It's hard to believe he would have said anything if they had won the game.

Oh certainly. I'm sure the referee would have had a great game if they had won.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

You really need to stop digging, you are embarrassing yourself by constantly trying to defend the indefensible. And not a single fan from any other club agrees with your opinions and many sensible saint's fans as well. 

Or maybe you are blindly backing the EFL as you afe incapable of your own opinion ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Or maybe you are blindly backing the EFL as you afe incapable of your own opinion ......

Who are the EFL ,I really think you need to read back along this thread and see if you have an opinion that a single person agrees with. I mean Warrington aren't a popular club with other teams but no one is backing you on this really sad angle. Unless you are McManus I fail to see how you carry on digging. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Who are the EFL ,I really think you need to read back along this thread and see if you have an opinion that a single person agrees with. I mean Warrington aren't a popular club with other teams but no one is backing you on this really sad angle. Unless you are McManus I fail to see how you carry on digging. 

So because I don't agree with you I am wrong? 😂😂

And now your using the looking round the room for support tactic because I don't agree with you.

I disagree on your opinion but respect it. You should respect mine and club owners to have their own opinion.

It would be a boring world if we all thought the same and this wonderful forum would be dull!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yipyee said:

So because I don't agree with you I am wrong? 😂😂

And now your using the looking round the room for support tactic because I don't agree with you.

I disagree on your opinion but respect it. You should respect mine and club owners to have their own opinion.

It would be a boring world if we all thought the same and this wonderful forum would be dull!

I don't think he needs to look far to find support for his view point.

Only people looking at the sitaution from a Saints POV could see Hicks being imparticial, no one else even considered it.

You're right, it would be a boring world if we all thought the same, but McManus is the chairman for SL Club, he isn't posting on a forum. He made his comments in the offical programme of a Saints home game. The situations are completely different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Click said:

I don't think he needs to look far to find support for his view point.

Only people looking at the sitaution from a Saints POV could see Hicks being imparticial, no one else even considered it.

You're right, it would be a boring world if we all thought the same, but McManus is the chairman for SL Club, he isn't posting on a forum. He made his comments in the offical programme of a Saints home game. The situations are completely different.

He's posting in a programme which is like that of a forum.

He clearly wanted to generate debate.

All the saints haters wouldnt agree if he said grass was green!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yipyee said:

He's posting in a programme which is like that of a forum.

He clearly wanted to generate debate.

All the saints haters wouldnt agree if he said grass was green!

It's the offical comments of the chairman of the club. It is completely different to a fan posting an opinion on a forum.

You're right, he did want to generate debate, which is irrelevant, what he said was wrong.

Doesn't really matter what "all the saints haters" think, as it isn't just those that "hate" Saints that have a problem with his comments.

I've had a soft spot for Saints ever since LMS went up there, and haven't had any particular problems with them. Doesn't change that what he said was wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 13:24, Click said:

It's the offical comments of the chairman of the club. It is completely different to a fan posting an opinion on a forum.

You're right, he did want to generate debate, which is irrelevant, what he said was wrong.

Doesn't really matter what "all the saints haters" think, as it isn't just those that "hate" Saints that have a problem with his comments.

I've had a soft spot for Saints ever since LMS went up there, and haven't had any particular problems with them. Doesn't change that what he said was wrong.

Only wrong in your opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, yipyee said:

Only wrong in your opinion

Think it's a few more people than just myself. The fine also indicates that it is more than myself that think the comments were unacceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Click said:

Think it's a few more people than just myself. The fine also indicates that it is more than myself that think the comments were unacceptable.

Well you can add me to your list.

The idea that he only did that to generate debate is ridiculous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Click said:

Think it's a few more people than just myself. The fine also indicates that it is more than myself that think the comments were unacceptable.

I think the punishment is very lenient.Certainly not much of a deterrent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fine was to make it look like action has been took to the people of the opinion he was wrong.

It's not a large fine so also it wouldn't anger the people who think he's done nothing wrong.

There is however a few people who won't leave it alone as not everyone has the same opinion as them.

It's similar to brexit where the remoaners lost a vote but keep pushing for a revote!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, yipyee said:

The fine was to make it look like action has been took to the people of the opinion he was wrong.

It's not a large fine so also it wouldn't anger the people who think he's done nothing wrong.

There is however a few people who won't leave it alone as not everyone has the same opinion as them.

It's similar to brexit where the remoaners lost a vote but keep pushing for a revote!!

 

No, it's nothing like that at all.

He thought his team had been hard done by, accused an official of being biased, essentially of cheating, and then put it in print just to emphasise the point.

If you agree with him, then you are also accusing the official of being bent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...