New Super League Logo

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, The British Lion said:

you guys who like this. it's horrendous! How does that logo 'identify' who league is, and how to access it?

See that badge under your name?

How does that tell anyone that it's Great Britain Rugby League and when Great Britain are playing and how to watch?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Looks like a '5' to me at first glance.......which is probably most important........can't we stick with anything? 
We've had more logo changes than structure changes in the SL era........I like the original 'S' design the super league adopted in OZ and UK first of all (bottom 2)..........should have stuck with that for 22 years and it'd be a pretty strong brand by now.....for me the later versions just look like poorer imitations.

images-1.jpg

download.png

download.jpg

images.jpg

download-1.png

Super_League_(Australia)_Logo.jpg

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

4 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Looks like a '5' to me at first glance.......which is probably most important........can't we stick with anything? 
We've had more logo changes than structure changes in the SL era........I like the original 'S' design the super league adopted in OZ and UK first of all (bottom 2)..........should have stuck with that for 22 years and it'd be a pretty strong brand by now.....for me the later versions just look like poorer imitations.

images-1.jpg

download.png

download.jpg

images.jpg

download-1.png

You make fair points when all of them are put together

12 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

images-1.jpg

download.png

download.jpg

images.jpg

download-1.png

The Premier League has gone through 6 rebrands since it started - things move on.

13 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

images-1.jpg

download.png

download.jpg

images.jpg

download-1.png

i get your point but some of the rebrands are about the headline sponsor change and the loga needing to "fit" around that.. I think the last one was actually the weakest with this one being the first real revision of the "S" which all the others have actually used within their branding.

7 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

It’s a logo, does anyone really care that much about it?

Evidently some do

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

13 hours ago, gingerjon said:

See that badge under your name?

How does that tell anyone that it's Great Britain Rugby League and when Great Britain are playing and how to watch?

Im on a Rugby League forum where i'd suppose the vast majority are RL fans. However, im not trying to market 'me' to a new audience. That's the problem I see.

17 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It doesn't look like a ball or a letter S to me , it's neither 

I really don't like it that much....seems sort of like a Justice League symbol from the 1970's or something....would be nice to have more realism in all honesty.  Needs to have more of a visual impact...seems sort of 'off the shelf' if you know what I mean.

Archived