Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tommygilf

New Super League Logo

8 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I don't think it's coincidental at all. It's pretty deliberate in design!

Co-incidental initially i'd say, with the benefit of it then looking something like an 'S'.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 00:26, Poower Lad said:

It looks Like a Crab with a dislocated claw .

You mentioned crustaceans, I expect an old time thread drift.

😄  

9 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Co-incidental initially i'd say, with the benefit of it then looking something like an 'S'.

You honestly think that, after 24 years with the S as a symbol, it wasn't deliberate in the design in this new logo to have an S?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

You honestly think that, after 24 years with the S as a symbol, it wasn't deliberate in the design in this new logo to have an S?

I sort of agree, but why have what is pretty much a deformed, clunky S. 

I'd rather it was a mistake, because if it is genuinely meant to be an S then it is some of the worst design I have seen.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I sort of agree, but why have what is pretty much a deformed, clunky S. 

I'd rather it was a mistake, because if it is genuinely meant to be an S then it is some of the worst design I have seen.

It’s to incorporate a chevron, innit. A subtle nod to League culture (possibly too subtle).

What the new logo seems to have in its favour is it appears to be quite a ‘transportable’ one that should be easy to incorporate on products and merchandise.

13 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

😄  

Those were the days.

Do not fear; only BELIEVE

I like it

this is how modern branding often looks, it looks like an app

good branding needs to be recognised from the shape at a glance, doesn't need lots of info

On 04/11/2019 at 18:50, graveyard johnny said:

the parents of the 7 year old that designed that must be really proud

If seven year olds instantly recognise it then it's a great job

you could say the same about instagram twitter Facebook etc. Instantaly recognisable 

I don't mind it to be honest, I think as long as the rest of branding/marketing strategy is on point that's what matters. As Fuzzy has said, logos for brands such as Facebook are simple too, I don't see that as a problem.

• Like 1

They have already launched the new font on the fixture posters.......ideally i'd like to see sky work the new identity style into their graphics instead of those daft robots.......do something similar to the Fox League Channel in terms of style.

It would also look quite nice if they had the new Shield on the left chest of SL jerseys like the NRL clubs do rather than it hidden away on the sleeve between other sponsors.........The NRL kits alway look a little more premium and less bargain basement than the super league kits (although thats probably more to do with the types of sponsors on them)

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

1 minute ago, tuutaisrambo said:

They have already launched the new font on the fixture posters.......ideally i'd like to see sky work the new identity style into their graphics instead of those daft robots.......do something similar to the Fox League Channel in terms of style.

It would also look quite nice if they had the new Shield on the left chest of SL jerseys like the NRL clubs do rather than it hidden away on the sleeve between other sponsors.........The NRL kits alway look a little more premium and less bargain basement than the super league kits (although thats probably more to do with the types of sponsors on them)

Tbf they have got rid of the robots a couple of seasons ago. 

Now each of the clubs is represented in the opening credits.

Really........i generally turn the match on at kick off off again at half time the same again for the second half.........not a big fans of sky's coverage or pundits but that's for another thread.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

3 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Really........i generally turn the match on at kick off off again at half time the same again for the second half.........not a big fans of sky's coverage or pundits but that's for another thread.

Yeah its much improved on the robots honestly. Wakefield are a represented by a Dreadnought with 1873 on the side.

image.png.76c61bd830247e0f607d44221a3edfd9.png

First match

12bis.gif.caa401066794729110785a7cec881a2f.gif14bis.gif.9bdd599215c0a59e5d5a51bfad145cd0.gif13bis.gif.e43edd0dcbc1b29d6f72287ff022f2b1.gif

@

15bis.gif.c12f02e71838ab05d0d268a90106cdb2.gif16bis.gif.d033804213a115d82a24b23381db649b.gif

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

8 hours ago, tuutaisrambo said:

You mean right chest?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

On 07/11/2019 at 17:42, hindle xiii said:

😄  

If we could grow the claws on another animal and work out how to harvest them we could be on to something.... 

• Like 1

New, (slightly) updated branding for the Canberra Raiders.

https://www.weareraiders.com.au/

Just a tweak to the Viking logo in essence, but also includes guidelines on usage of colour and typography. 

Thought it best to post it on this thread rather than create a new one.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk