Distances travelled to away games

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Cheers, never knew that (not that I’d ever thought about it). 16 teams and 24 games is as odd as SL’s schedule. 

There are also "on the road" games which vary year by year, plus in 2019 there was the Magic round in Brisbane.

Out of interest, does anyone know how the NRL decides it's fixtures? Everyone plays everyone once, then 9 other games. I know they call it the "draw", but it can't be random, can it? Or do they rotate who plays whom twice, and once home or away through the years? Otherwise, you could go years and years never playing a particular side at home.

We always moan about loop fixtures, but it doesn't seem to be an issue there. I realise they don't have repeat fixtures, but still.

5 hours ago, dixiedean said:

We always moan about loop fixtures, but it doesn't seem to be an issue there. I realise they don't have repeat fixtures, but still.

They aren't playing the same teams 3 times in the regular season and have no cup games either so they can't again meet the same team in that way

13 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

With New Zealand Warriors based the furthest away from all other clubs, do they pay every club travel costs as is the case in Super League 

The NRL pays travel costs.

14 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

With New Zealand Warriors based the furthest away from all other clubs, do they pay every club travel costs as is the case in Super League 

Plus are there a hardcore of Luddites who hate them because they’re not from Greater Sydney and don’t bring away fans?   

13 hours ago, Eddie said:

Why have the distances changed between 2019 and 2020, don’t they play home and away?

They must be including the Roosters’ trip to Saints. 

The Roosters have played a game in Perth,over the last couple of seasons so that adds 4000+ miles.

10 hours ago, dixiedean said:

Out of interest, does anyone know how the NRL decides it's fixtures? Everyone plays everyone once, then 9 other games. I know they call it the "draw", but it can't be random, can it? Or do they rotate who plays whom twice, and once home or away through the years? Otherwise, you could go years and years never playing a particular side at home.

God knows it’s seems quite bizarre . A team plays  another once in 18 months then the same team twice in a month 

11 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Intrigued by this so worked out Widnes' trips next season.

Came out at 3,695 miles for the round trips or 5,912 Kms.

I've travelled from workington to Doncaster, it felt like it was further than 3695 miles. 

Archived