Sat 9 Nov: Rugby League World Cup Qualifiers Match Thread

2 hours ago, RayCee said:

I'm picking Greece and Ireland, unless Italy is well endowed with Australian players.

Against Spain, they had 2 domestic players, who started (one scored twice) and the rest Aussie or English born players. But this team actually looks less strong than the 2016 with Campese, etc. Imho given they have 2 years they're trying to gel as a team towards the WC.

Ireland look stronger by the way, with some SL players in. 

It's gonna be interesting.

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Having seen Greece twice this year and met some of their fans, I am hoping they get another chance to play in the UK in 2021.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

Congratulations to Greece who fully deserve their place at the World Cup.

Let's hope that their success will lead to the Greek authorities recognising them as an official national team and stop their efforts to hinder the game.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

12 hours ago, flyingking said:

Congratulations to Greece who fully deserve their place at the World Cup.

Let's hope that their success will lead to the Greek authorities recognising them as an official national team and stop their efforts to hinder the game.

It's good to see some new blood at the tournament and hopefully they can tap in to support from some of the Greek communities in the UK. 

It would also be good if they keep some of the domestic players in the squad for the RLWC and don't just go for an all heritage team from Sydney. 

5 minutes ago, thirteenthman said:

It's good to see some new blood at the tournament and hopefully they can tap in to support from some of the Greek communities in the UK. 

It would also be good if they keep some of the domestic players in the squad for the RLWC and don't just go for an all heritage team from Sydney. 

They are already almost totally heritage....

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

4 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

They are already almost totally heritage....

Not fully, but I take your point. It was 5 domestic players in the squad for the qualifiers, I think? Something similar would be good, although I do appreciate the reasons why teams don't include domestic players in the RLWC. 

Archived