Sat 9 Nov: Intl: New Zealand v Great Britain KO 7am (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New Zealand by 13 points or more
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 1 to 6 points
    • Great Britain by 7 to 12 points
    • Great Britain by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/19 at 07:00

25 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

GB by 1 to 6 points. The Lions are finally going to roar and Widdop is going to be the mane man to restore GB pride.

Tell me what your drinking, Bennett has reached new levels, Jack Hughes at centre hardacre wing.

This is a big game.  Assuming they will get a win against PNG (I know!) a win in this game will see the tour finish with two wins and two losses.  That is respectable.  Three losses and it will have been a poor performance.

I can't see Great Britain moving away from the forward dominated game we have seen but if they get a chance to play with some ruck speed then they may cause the Kiwis problems.  As always, I think they will be difficult to score against as the defence is disciplined enough.

I'm going for a GB win in this one with some continuity finally in the halves and Clark to be effective off the bench.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I really like watching Johnson— he’s exciting to watch and plays what’s before him. The great irony of this is that the current MOS, equally exciting and entertaining, is being told to play like— and I wish no disrespect— to Matty Smith. Unfortunately I’m expecting more of the same from GB and, after a season of watching a Price coached Wire, I need  the off season from 5 drives and a kick. Having said that, come on the Lions 

52 minutes ago, Bring back the Boyd said:

I really like watching Johnson— he’s exciting to watch and plays what’s before him. The great irony of this is that the current MOS, equally exciting and entertaining, is being told to play like— and I wish no disrespect— to Matty Smith. Unfortunately I’m expecting more of the same from GB and, after a season of watching a Price coached Wire, I need  the off season from 5 drives and a kick. Having said that, come on the Lions 

Seems you feel the same as me mate. Despite one of the best days of my life this year in the Cup Final, this year is probably the closest I have come to switching off RL in boredom.

I cant wait for it to be over tbh and hopefully next year brings some excitement.

Well mate, I’m absolutely ( but not really) convinced next year will be our year. With regards to the robotic way most teams seem to play, it was refreshing to see Saints and Salford, who played attractive rugby, get to the Grand Final. The whole game needs to take a look at the excitement factor and bring entertainment and value for money to the forefront. Referees get slated but they need to crack on with bringing discipline back and stamping out gamesmanship instead of acting all matey and almost apologetically laying down the law—- starting this Saturday with the Kiwis laying on ?

If GB can learn from the final 20 minutes of last weekend's Test, they can level the series. If they can't, they don't deserve to.

But if they lose the series 2:0, it isn't actually the end of the world.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

44 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

If GB can learn from the final 20 minutes of last weekend's Test, they can level the series. If they can't, they don't deserve to.

But if they lose the series 2:0, it isn't actually the end of the world.

No, but it will be evidence of how we are going backwards under Bennett, boring and painful to watch, as I said on another thread after this trip I will not be spending another penny going to any England/GB game whilst Bennett is in charge.

KIWI to win this game for mine.

Hardaker on the wing and Hughes at centre is brining back awful memories of the early-2000's when we shoehorned the likes of Paul Johnson, Leon Pryce and Richard Horne into the wing spot because we had nobody else.

I anticipate Britain will play in the exact same manner as in previous week as our backline has zero ability to strike (hopefully that comment will look stupid on Saturday morning).

Last Saturday was very tight and could have gone either way and this game will probably be very similar. Pressure is on us after two losses though to get that first tour win.

GB to win this somehow then lose to PNG.

Personally these 2 games would have been a little more exciting for me as a neutral if more younger players were involved at the expense of players like Hill, Marshall, Foran, McGillvary, Blair, Hall etc. All of whom won't be at the World Cup (surely...).

Heart says GB, but it's a NZ win for me.

I just can't understand why WB hasn't called Grace, etc. I don't buy the "he doesn't know SL players" argument as he's a professional and one of the best coaches ever. 

The change in the halves, I would have made it well before the 1st NZ game.

By the way, after this season it's clear we need England/GB to play more often, in order to have the players on the same page when on the field. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

17 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Hardaker on the wing and Hughes at centre is brining back awful memories of the early-2000's when we shoehorned the likes of Paul Johnson, Leon Pryce and Richard Horne into the wing spot because we had nobody else.

I anticipate Britain will play in the exact same manner as in previous week as our backline has zero ability to strike (hopefully that comment will look stupid on Saturday morning).

Last Saturday was very tight and could have gone either way and this game will probably be very similar. Pressure is on us after two losses though to get that first tour win.

This has happened in most GB Tours.  Not new.  Only then, we had a mid week team to rely on.

Well, at least 7am's doable for this week's test.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived