New Board????????

Athleticgrounds

So after all the fallout and protest after the previous AGM opted for a 6 person board instead of 9. All the various postings, protest against directors, changing club colours...yes you've guessed it......Hornets have appointed a 6 person board with at least two of the prominent protesters elected...you really couldn't make it up.

1 hour ago, The Lad said:

He won't its all he talks about. Sometimes I think he wants it to continue, what else will he waste all his time doing?.

I don't think it's unreasonable to talk about a new board and even someone as blinkered as yourself must see the irony. Had the protest not been so vehement then the current board may well have had the support of all 4 of the old board who recently resigned and that would have brought much needed stability and expertise and a 9 person board Just a final observation, why don't 100%Hornets affiliate themselves as the official Hornets supporters club, instead of presenting themselves as some independent group, they are hardly independent when they have members on the current board.

We all have an opinion on who we would personally prefer on the board, I knew people on the previous board who I knew would be a credit to the club. I also know people on this board who will be as much of a credit. Its not a forever board and im sure new directors will come and go. 

Im a bit bored of the bitching and fighting, (genuinely not directed at anyone in particular) as much as im passionate about rugby league and Rochdale Hornets, the bitterness that seems to be perennial turns me off, as im sure it does others!

Im hoping this new board gets a fresh slate in terms of support from all of us wanting Hornets and RL in Rochdale to move forward.

16 minutes ago, Heywood Tiger said:

We all have an opinion on who we would personally prefer on the board, I knew people on the previous board who I knew would be a credit to the club. I also know people on this board who will be as much of a credit. Its not a forever board and im sure new directors will come and go. 

Im a bit bored of the bitching and fighting, (genuinely not directed at anyone in particular) as much as im passionate about rugby league and Rochdale Hornets, the bitterness that seems to be perennial turns me off, as im sure it does others!

Im hoping this new board gets a fresh slate in terms of support from all of us wanting Hornets and RL in Rochdale to move forward.

You are right of course, I just hope the new board gets better support than some of them gave the old board.

We have Matt as coach and Martin Hall as director of rugby, training starts towards the end of November at Hopwood Hall. We should start hearing very soon about players we are signing and players and their agents are also making approaches because they want to play for Hornets. Money is tight as always and they are always looking for sponsors and other income streams but the club is not in any danger. A new kit suppliar as been announced and the kit design will be announced shortly.

Looking forward to January for the friendlies to start and competative matches starting 9th Febuary.

DB

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

22 hours ago, boro hornet said:

We have Matt as coach and Martin Hall as director of rugby, training starts towards the end of November at Hopwood Hall. We should start hearing very soon about players we are signing and players and their agents are also making approaches because they want to play for Hornets. Money is tight as always and they are always looking for sponsors and other income streams but the club is not in any danger. A new kit suppliar as been announced and the kit design will be announced shortly.

Looking forward to January for the friendlies to start and competative matches starting 9th Febuary.

DB

That's good.

Archived